Author Topic: Court Booking  (Read 5442 times)

stanleysct

Court Booking
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:06:22 am »
Hi,

I would like to use SambaPOS for badminton court booking. Can it be done?

lemmings

Re: Court Booking
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 09:56:09 am »
I would say possible.  Instead of table screen you would have a court screen although it may be difficult to get times when booked/unbooked.

V3 of SambaPOS has better support for table states (which is your case would be court states)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:59:47 pm »
This is the problem - I have been asked about accommodation bookings, and been thinking of an easy scenario.

Table screens would be the best. The following idea is only good for the current day.
Create a custom view, Courts x number of periods (1/2 or full hour) - so you would have courts across and hours down - so for 4 courts x eight 1 hour booking times = 32 tables

1. When someone reserves a court, add them as a customer, assign them to a table (Court Time) and add a reserved item ($5), close ticket - court now reserved (orange).
2. When the customer comes and pays, add the court fee to the ticket, and receive payment (but not for reserve fee) - so $5 will be owing, and print receipt - court now in use (red)
3. When customer has finished with court, go back to court, release ticket load, void reserved item and close ticket to free up court.

Instead of an in use status (red), you can just book a court with the court fee, and when the customer arrives, they pay and use the court, and it will just show as available.

Now with V3, I will have to think a bit more and have a play with some configs before I make suggestions.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 03:00:25 pm »
Second pic.

stanleysct

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 02:08:37 am »
Thanks for the suggestion, really appreciate.

Normally for the court booking will make for advance booking. I wonder anyone can help to include the date selection.

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:49:31 pm by stanleysct »

stanleysct

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:54:00 pm »
If wanted to include the date for booking. How to go about with v3? Anyone has any idea?

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 01:56:19 am »
SambaPOS does not support reservations. This feature is planned as a part of the projects scheduled in the near future.

Please look here for the planned projects - http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sambapos-open-source-restaurant-pos/x/3515135