Author Topic: Themepark Ticketing  (Read 7080 times)

stanleysct

Themepark Ticketing
« on: July 05, 2013, 02:15:36 am »
Hi,

I would like to use SambaPOS for themepark ticketing with cashless system. The requirement is as follow:-

1) Sell themepark tickets  eg. Adult, Children or Citizen
2) Top up cash value in the wristband
3) Pay item by scanning and deduct the amount from the wristband
4) Refund to the cash if the wristband still have amount
5) Treat the payment method by deducting the amount from wristband

Hope you understand what I m trying to explain and propose better work around.

Thanks.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Themepark Ticketing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 02:30:08 am »
This is definitely a V3 situation as it has better control over credit (and debit) accounts.

This would be a great use for RFID wristbands.

Would you use SambaPOS at every point of sale area throughout the theme park? or would the credit reside in the wristband ?
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

stanleysct

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 03:17:39 am »
Hi Johns,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I will use SambaPOS at every point of sale area (F&B or fast food) through out the theme park and would have the credit reside in the wristband.

How to go about it? Please help me the step so that I can test it accordingly.

Second thing is I noticed that SambaPOS don't have much reporting in A4.

Thanks again.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:44:27 am »
First of all, this is a V3 topic and we will get it moved to that section.

Having the credit reside in the wristband means SambaPOS will need to talk back to the RFID reader which is not currently possible without further testing of RFID readers/writers. SambaPOS can receive data from RFID readers (because they act like barcode scanners - a Windows HID device), but we can only talk back via COM ports (like we do for pole displays) - This is where the work will be in testing solutions to see if its possible short term.

I would have all of the terminals linked by wifi and have the SambaPOS wristband account updated as each sale is processed. No credit stored in wristband, just used to access the account (via the wristbands unique ID) at each terminal to pay for the sale.

Reporting in V3 is better, but yes, more work does need to be done on A4 printing, as the focus in the past has been on using the receipt printers for reporting and/or sending reports by email.

Lastly - I love the concept here. I never would have thought of this scenario. This is a good use of SambaPOS's flexibility.

stanleysct

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 11:00:08 pm »
Hi Johns,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will replace RFID wristband with normal wristband by printing a barcode on top. Every wristband printed will have a barcode. I have the following question:-

1) How to print barcode on wristband?
2) How to assign unique transaction id for every ticket print so that each customer can top up their credit?
3) Instead of print ticker one by one (eg, 4 adults & 2 child), how to allow one person to purchase the ticket and assign all tickets credit under his or top up?

Thanks

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 02:32:06 am »
stanley,

1.. You could use a Zebra printer and sticky labels with a wristband like here or better still Zebra ready wristband rolls
2.. Create a new Account for each Customer/Family. If each family member needs their own account, then separate accounts for each.
3.. If you need individual credit per person, then separate accounts for each. Otherwise, one Account purchases all the tickets, and one credit Account for all people.

Like the Gift Certificates, we can generate unique ID's for each wristband and assign to an account if needed, our all wristbands for the family uses the same barcode.

There is a lots of backend work to set this up, so your workflow will need to be solid.