English Boards > Support

Pole display not working after adding terminal

<< < (2/2)

JohnS:

--- Quote from: lemmings on July 10, 2013, 06:01:28 am ---Yes I had a copy of SambaSettings in All Users although the pole display works again and does not do the same as before.

--- End quote ---
If SambaSettings.txt is in a shared location, when you change anything in Manage->Settings->Local Settings, all your terminals are affected and all run as the same configuration, which is why you get weird issues and port errors when pole displays are configured.
Just make sure SambaSettings.txt is only in the User Profile directories and not in a common location like ProgramData.

--- Quote from: lemmings on July 10, 2013, 06:01:28 am ---It was setup to show Sorry Till Closes when user logged out but this does not work no more.

I recreated the rule but this made no difference. I didnt think I needed to add the Pole Display to the tablet terminal

--- End quote ---
Did you add the print job to the Terminal. The rule may work, but if the print job is not assigned to the terminal, then the terminal will not print it.

--- Quote from: lemmings on July 10, 2013, 06:01:28 am ---Should it make a difference if I change the conditions in the Pole Display from Terminal = Server to Terminal != Android.

--- End quote ---
You don't need this condition - just make sure the print jobs are not available to the Tablet Terminal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version