Author Topic: SambaPos in small supermarget or retail shops  (Read 6420 times)

doublemaster007@gmail.com

SambaPos in small supermarget or retail shops
« on: August 23, 2013, 10:26:15 pm »
Hi

I would like to check the feasibility of using sambapos in small supermarkets or retail shops. I see that sambapos already support barcode readers so i think that it is possible. I have few questions regarding this.

1. SambaPos 2.99 version can we use for this kind of setup? or is there anything added in sambapos3 which handles these setup more easily? or both of them do not support?

2. Is it possible to manage the stocks? for example shop has 10 soaps in stock. if i sell one it should reduce 1 automatically. At any point of time  i should be able to see the stock status.

3. I have not tried barcode reader yet. Normally in restaurant mode we have to select item by touch or click. Is it possible to select item by barcode scanner? Because in retail shops many items will be there, clickng and searching is impossible.

Thanks
Regards

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: SambaPos in small supermarget or retail shops
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:46:55 pm »
Hi Doublemaster,

1. Both V2 and V3 support this setup. V3 will become the stable version once out of Beta. V3 is stable enough for testing and if you are game enough, you could use in production.

2. Yes V2 can handle this setup. V3 has more features, but stock control is still very similar with the exception of the Warehouse screen which gives you a more interactive look at your stock.

3. SambaPOS fully supports barcode scanners.

All of my setups use a combination of Menu and barcodes. I have 3 sites that are Clubs, one with the Restaurant setup too. And 1 retail shop that we are testing V3 at and soon will be running in production.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

doublemaster007@gmail.com

Re: SambaPos in small supermarget or retail shops
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 12:03:21 am »
Thank you so much. I was very sure that you would reply very quickly..!

Anyways  i will try this setup....