Author Topic: Tranfer ticket from server A to server B.  (Read 6962 times)

morcrag

Tranfer ticket from server A to server B.
« on: September 26, 2013, 03:50:15 pm »
Is there any way to transfer an open ticket. I would like to keep the work period active but transfer the ticket from the first shift server to the second shift server. I would think it might be some type of ticket tag.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Tranfer ticket from server A to server B.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:25:09 pm »
Are you talking about changing the Waiter on a ticket or moving open tickets to a new Work Period?
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

morcrag

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »
Keep the same work period. Change the server (bartender/wait staff).

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 01:04:25 am »
So how are you retrieving the staff name?
Are you using Ticket Tags? username?

Why is this an issue? Are you restricting staff to only see their tickets?
What version of SambaPOS are you using?

morcrag

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 12:59:30 pm »
I thought it was clear that I was looking for information on how this (transfer a ticket from staff member A to staff member B) might be done.

I am a consultant and broker of business systems. I have tested most POS software, particularly restaurant POS software. I have installed, maintained, and/or corrected several POS systems including Amigo, Micro$ale, Digital Dinning, PCAmerica RPE, and Plexis.

I had an old friend that wanted a POS system for their bar. They had a price point to spend and Samba POS allowed me to meet their price point criteria. It is a small operation grossing around $20,000 a month. At the time the bar only ran one shift and there were no problems. However they now run two shifts on weekends and need a better breakdown of data.

What I am asking for is available in every POS software that I have tested. Transferring a ticket is needed for several reasons in the F&B industry.

The location is running SambaPOS 299a. I have loaded and tested 299c, 3026b, 3_135.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:03:15 pm by morcrag »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 06:46:26 pm »
I don't know where you got 3_135 from. There is no such version. Latest is 3.0.28b.

Sales are recorded against the user that created the orders on the ticket. If Server A has a $10 ticket and Server B collects the money, then the sales are recorded against Server A.
If Server B adds to the ticket (say $5) , then when the ticket is paid, Server A has the sales for the items they added to the ticket ($10), and Server B has the sales that they added ($5).

Unless your locking staff to only see their tickets, there is no need to transfer tickets. And no, there is no function to transfer a ticket to another user, as there is no restrictions by default.

I thought it was clear that I was looking for information on how this (transfer a ticket from staff member A to staff member B) might be done.
You still haven't explained the reason why, which is why I am asking. Are you having issues at shift change?

I had an old friend that wanted a POS system for their bar. They had a price point to spend and Samba POS allowed me to meet their price point criteria. It is a small operation grossing around $20,000 a month. At the time the bar only ran one shift and there were no problems. However they now run two shifts on weekends and need a better breakdown of data.
What data are you looking for? They had no problems before, so what problems do they have now ?

What I am asking for is available in every POS software that I have tested. Transferring a ticket is needed for several reasons in the F&B industry.
What reasons ?

SambaPOS is not like every other POS system. Again this is why I'm asking questions because your the first person that I can remember that has problems with a shift change.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but you haven't provided enough specific details for me to give you the answers you want.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 07:37:15 pm »
Yes I'm also wondering what is 3_135?

It is funny but previous month I've received error messages from a SambaPOS version 3.1. The better part is error message was coming from a method called "DeleteTicket" :)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 07:39:14 pm »
I think someone is distributing a modified version of SambaPOS. This is not the first time I have seen a new version pop up.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 07:55:15 pm »
Haha I think it is more than someone. I even saw training videos on youtube :) Everything SambaPOS but the name is different.

Btw sorry for hijacking the topic.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 09:18:09 pm »
... and also.

I don't know these pos software but maybe they store user info by ticket so a "transfer ticket" function is needed. SambaPOS stores "User" information by order line so when multiple users adds orders on same ticket you'll see orders are grouped by user names and sales also displayed in reports by user name.

I don't like comparing SambaPOS with other software because every software have different solutions to problems and "existence" of a function does not mean it is correct. So instead of just asking for a function let us know your use case so we'll be able to understand if there is a solution for you with SambaPOS or not.

I'm a little tired so sorry for my language errors :)