Author Topic: V3 Menu Items  (Read 5557 times)

kestrel

V3 Menu Items
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:17:32 am »
Hi there,

I've only just discovered SambaPOS recently and have been attempting to learn how to use it. In doing so, I've entered quite a lot of our product data, such as our menu items and our providore range of products. I've been using the V3 version of the software, but am having difficulty finding how to modify the table numbers to match our cafe/deli. Is it possible to modify the tables in V3? I can't find how to go about it. If it isn't possible, is it possible to somehow import the data from V3 into an earlier version without having to enter it all over again?

Many thanks! It's terrific software with a great deal of potential. I think it will potentially be the best open source restaurant POS that exists. Well done.

lemmings

Re: V3 Menu Items
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 07:22:50 am »
Tables are setup as Entities in V3, so in Manage find the Entities tab and you can amend the table names there

kestrel

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:51:46 pm »
Hi Lemmings,

Thanks for your response. I've come to realise that there are so many elements to this software that are beyond my understanding and I simply don't have the time to work it all out. We actually opened last week and we've been using an inadequate cash register that isn't keeping up. I found SambaPOS while searching for an inexpensive or free solution to our problem, as we've virtually maxed our budget. 

Is there anyone in the community offering their services for hire to set the program up for businesses? At this moment, we're basically just needing a cash register with some added features. Our shop is a Cafe/Providore. We have 16 tables and a large communal table to seat 12 individuals. We're simply wanting to apply tickets to each table and easily keep track of orders as they come in and add items to the tickets as necessary, such as additional coffees and deserts. Though this software if very complex, it looks as though it would be easy to use for our wait staff once properly configured for our cafe. Once the software is set-up for the most basic functions, I can then add features as they're needed, such as printing to the kitchen. For now, I'm just wanting the table screen to open where we can select one of our tables and immediately start adding items to it's associated ticket. The customer will come to the counter to pay and we can call up their Table Ticket and print them a receipt. Splitting bills is also important, as many of our customers are wanting this. We also need to create takeaway tickets, as we're selling a lot of takeaway coffee.

Is there anyone who can set this up for us for a fee?

Thanks again!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 06:21:36 am »
In all honesty I would allow Emre to answer this offer.

As the developer, he should have first option.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:17:03 am »
John, everyone can feel free to answer the request. For one more week I'll be working for another assignment.

Kestrel thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I wish everyone share their thoughts like you did so we can understand how we can improve SambaPOS functions. The reason of the complexity is the customization features we've recently developed. Like you said our first goal is easy usage on the production but I agree we need better management tools. I'll improve that.