Author Topic: 2.84 Issues  (Read 10781 times)

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: 2.84 Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 06:04:03 am »
Hello, I've just uploaded 2.85. I hope it will solve your issues.

John thank you for sending sample database. I solved that report printing problem. You guessed it right. The problem relates with empty ticket tag report.

While reviewing your configuration I've noticed you can remove Order No ticket tag for removing it from work period report. It will continue work like "Tendered Amount".

Secondly I can recommend a small tip for your menu designs. You can use word wrapping for long button headers. Insert \r where you need to wrap header. You can add multiple \r for multiple line breaks. I bet you'll do better designs but this is my result on wines category.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:06:01 am by emre »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 06:52:03 am »
Thanks Emre.

Tested and working nicely.

I was wondering if there was something in between no wrap and wrapping every word - thank you, now I can have more fun with layouts.

Since I sent the database to you, I have changed the Wines layout back to a single category, and used product tags for Red, White & Sparkling - the theory is that the menu will not be used that much with a barcode scanner.

I have cleared all transactional data without any issues.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:33:52 am by JohnSCS »
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 08:36:42 am »
Wow.. John. I'm glad to hear it works fine... Your great feedback was the %99.9 of the solution. That printing issue reported before but I couldn't understand what is going on. Since these error reports are anonymous I can't contact to reporter for more information. It will be fine if people include their e-mail address in their error report so I can contact them when needed.

From your backup I noticed you discovered many undocumented features. I'm sure you'll help me a lot on simplifying basic things for new users on our further releases. Also I'm inspiring lots of new features from ongoing conversations between you and Edgar. We are a little community for now but really great people supporting it. Edgar & John.. Thank you very much for helping me on solving these issues.