Author Topic: 2.84 Issues  (Read 10780 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
2.84 Issues
« on: January 27, 2012, 06:37:25 am »
Emre,

Issue 1. Pole display is not showing items other than the first one on the ticket. If you select A, B, C & D, only A shows. If you cancel A, B & D, then C will show. i think there is an issue with Print Jobs - New lines by Printer Line Count showing the first not last item selected.
Confirmed this issue presented in 2.83 - 2.82 worked OK.

Issue 2. Can not print the Work Period Report after clearing transactional data from SQL database - even after several transactions - I can view the report ok - just not print. Other reports are fine. What did I break ? The database must have corrupted when I cleared the data - I'm starting again and it seems ok this time.
Update - still can not clear transactional data without issues.
Update #2 - seems to be more related to ticket tags. I have removed the tags and since the WPR lists tags I think this is where the issue is.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:35:38 pm by JohnSCS »
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

jenem

Re: 2.84 Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:55:55 am »
Hi Emre,

I also found a problem with modifiers.

When I set up modifiers you could select say smoked salmon from free selection. You could then select salmon from paid extra and the ticket would show as

Salmon
Salmon .70

In the update2.84 it just shows salmon x 2.

I had to rename paid Salmon to "Extra salmon" not a problem. Should same named items from different modifier lists remain separate items on the ticket?

Edgar

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 01:49:09 am »
Edgar,

My way of thinking would be along the lines of Salmon x 2. The kitchen wouldn't care how much the extra salmon is, and seeing Salmon x 2 on the kitchen ticket would mean twice as much.

As long as the price of the item is updated correctly for the extras, and the receipt prints Salmon x 2, then the customer should be happy - more so if They get what they ordered :)

This I guess depends on your way of thinking.

My next demo is to a cafe, so I may have a different view after that.

jenem

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 02:57:27 am »
Hi John,

The problem is in earlier version the extra paid it showed as before on the screen ticket and the printed receipt.

Salmon
Salmon .70 appears in ticket and is added to price

In the update2.84 it just shows salmon x 2. the second item does not update screen ticket price and appears as a free item. The update ticket price was also ticked in modifier options but didn't seem to make any difference.

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:41:05 am »
John and Edgar.. Thank you for notifying the issues. I'll check them asap.. It seems we need a fine tuning on modifier printing. I'll first fix that merging issue and try to find a logic for printing them merged on ticket printer..

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:29:43 am »
John can you send me a backup of the corrupted state of the database?
info@sambapos.org

jenem

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 06:20:18 am »
Emre,

Would it be a good idea that a user could select if the modifier main title be printed or not?

ie
Sandwich 2.90
*Main
 Ham
*Extra Item
 Ham .70
*Fillings
  Tomato
  Lettuce
  ETC

Edgar

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 06:22:43 am »
I had to quickly setup a system last night for a venue that had both their cash registers die.
I told them that it would have historical data, but they could capture their trading figures and the database already had most of their products in it and menus setup.

I took a database backup from early Jan, and installed SambaPOS. I cleared out all of the rules & actions not needed (only pole display, tendered and change due rules left) and removed the ticket tags they didn't need. Running v2.82 so the pole display would work properly. I didn't touch any data in the database itself.

Only to find the same issue with the Work Period Report. Displays ok (with Ticket Tag heading but no tag data - not sure if that's relevant), but crashes when you try to print.

I can reproduce and send to you in the morning using my current database.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 06:34:41 am »
Edgar,

Wouldn't that make the screen too busy?

Maybe

Sandwich 2.90
* Main - Ham
* Extra - Ham 0.70
* Fillings - Tomato
              - Lettuce
              - ETC

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 06:51:24 am »
I had to quickly setup a system last night for a venue that had both their cash registers die.
I told them that it would have historical data, but they could capture their trading figures and the database already had most of their products in it and menus setup.

I took a database backup from early Jan, and installed SambaPOS. I cleared out all of the rules & actions not needed (only pole display, tendered and change due rules left) and removed the ticket tags they didn't need. Running v2.82 so the pole display would work properly. I didn't touch any data in the database itself.

Only to find the same issue with the Work Period Report. Displays ok (with Ticket Tag heading but no tag data - not sure if that's relevant), but crashes when you try to print.

I can reproduce and send to you in the morning using my current database.

OK, I fixed the printing and modifier issue. The printing problem was missing line creation time seconds while serializing them for printing. Without seconds sorting items worked wrong. I'll wait until receiving your backup. Thanks...

jenem

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 07:40:37 am »
John,

I like your way better  :)

Emre,

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 08:06:21 am »
Thanks Edgar.

Now, the only problem I can see is the modifier name. We don't want to use 'extras' as a modifier name because there will be different modifiers that will be 'extras'. And we don't want 'Sandwich Extras' listed under the master product - too messy/busy on the screen.

So maybe we need a modifier name (which we have) then also a screen/print name.

For example,

Modifier name: Sandwich Extras
Screen name: Extras

Modifier name: Steak Sandwich Extras
Screen name: Extras

This way the modifiers stay separate but group the same under their master product when taking orders, or printing the kitchen tickets.

jenem

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 01:43:49 am »
Hi John,
I think modifier names are created by each user to group items, however the modifiers are described

I wonder if the ticket should show items under the modifier heading for clarity?

Edgar

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 02:41:13 am »
I'm not sure what you mean Edgar.

Sandwich 2.90
* Main - Ham
* Extra - Ham 0.70
* Fillings - Tomato
              - Lettuce
              - ETC

By using my example, you would have a modifier group called 'Sandwich Extras -Paid' (because each modifier needs a unique name), but you wouldn't want that showing up above - you would want 'Extras' to show. Same for 'Sandwich Fillings', you just need 'Fillings'.

jenem

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 04:07:22 am »
Sorry John,
What I meant was user generated modifier names. yes you are right, sorry  :)