English Boards > Support

printer temlate help

<< < (2/3) > >>

JohnS:
Mozhi,

Here is the footer template for my receipt printer template (photo of actual receipt attached)

<F>=
<EB>
[<J00>{IF DISCOUNT}]
[<J00>Total Gift|{GIFT TOTAL}]
{TAX DETAILS}
<J01>Total|${TICKET TOTAL}
<DB>
<J00>Tendered|${TICKETTAG:Tendered}
<J00>Change Due|${TICKETTAG:Change Due}
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K    Y O U

Tax Details & Service details are pre-formatted and do not require any format tags like <J>
Square brackets around a complete line means do not show if tag is empty (no value or 0)

When you play with the ticket tags you haven't used before, don't use any formatting, just test print, then apply formats as required to get the desired layout.

mozhi:
Thanks John.!! I got it this time

I think {if paid} is creating that prints.
Let me check it once.

mozhi:
HI Emre/John,

I have a question about the printers.

I have a printer with the below mentioned specifications

"Character per Line: Font A- 48 columns; Font B-64 columns; Font C-72 columns [at 80 mm Paper width]
Character Set: Alphanumeric, International, PC 437 PC 850 / 852 / 857 / 858 / 860 / 863 / 864 / 865 / 866
Barcode Fonts: UPC-A/E, JAN(EAN) 13/8 columns, ITF, CODE 39, CODE 128, CODABAR (NW-7), CODE 93, PDF417, QR Code
"

Does it mean that I can  print 48 characters if i select A Font type, 64 for B and 72 for C if that is the case where should i make the settings for the same.

Is there a way in samba to automatically set font types especially in case of Item name too long to automatically rint in smaller font types.

JohnS:
Mozhi,

SambaPOS uses the ESC/POS printer standard, so we never refer directly to Font A or Font B.

By default we usually print using Font A - 48 columns for an 80mm printer. Then by formatting tags we can increase the size by factors of 2, 3, 4, etc

For example
<J01>Total|${TICKET TOTAL}
The 01 in <J01> tells the printer to print at the standard height, but print twice as wide.

Now, most printers do allow you to set/change a default font size like Font B in your case, but that is outside the basic functions of SambaPOS. You need the <XCT> codes to do this or change the default settings in the printer itself. SambaPOS can not change the Font size on demand for long lines.

emre:
Great explanation.. Thanks.
My test printer even does not support smaller sized fonts. I think this feature is printer specific.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version