Author Topic: Ttranslation  (Read 14191 times)

arxont

Ttranslation
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:41:54 pm »
Hi. Tell me please how best to translate the program? What need?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Ttranslation
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 06:55:54 am »
Hello arxont;
Basically you'll download resource files, translate them and send me translated resources. I'll embed translated resources into SambaPOS and enable languages.

If you can help tell me which language you'll translate into. I can prepare a resource pack for you.

endrju

• Business Group
    • Gringo in Rio
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 09:55:08 am »
Hi, i would like to help you with translation in czech language and brasilian portuguese. Could you prepare the source file for me and send it to my email?

Thank you
endrju
Shit happens - no matter if you are in Rio or Europe - Gringo in Rio

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:56:59 pm »
Hello endrju;
I prepared a translation document for Czech (cs) and Portuguese (br-pt) languages.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjpGjxRhmyRpdDlwYjJYTTlyRXl5UFdqQlhIYUI2U2c

I filled columns with Google Translate values. Please review them and make required changes. Use English column as reference but if really needed you can change English words too. Please keep grayed column values unchanged. Thank you again for helping us.

If anyone wants to modify this please PM me your google account e-mail address.
When requested I can prepare translation documents for other languages too.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:00:27 pm by emre »

arxont

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:21:22 pm »
I would like to translate into Russian. E-mail address ivan.arxont@gmail.com

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:07:26 pm »
Hello arxont
I prepared Russian resources document and shared it with you. You should receive an e-mail soon. Access link for the document is
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjpGjxRhmyRpdHl6Vml0RGhqSkoxT0h5SVRmcEFwMHc

I filled values with Google Translate translations. I hope it will help a little.
Please keep grayed columns unchanged and leave values inside {x} brackets as it is.

If anyone needs write permission on translation documents PM me your google account e-mail address.

Thanks.

alberto_lc

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:48:36 am »
Hi I would like to translate to spanish. Thanks

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 09:56:03 am »
Alberto, thank you for helping us. I'll prepare a translation document and share with you soon.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 01:48:36 pm »
Spanish translation document ready. Let me know if anyone wants to help.

Friends.. Please send me an information message when you finish your work, so I'll embed resource files.
Thanks.

alberto_lc

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 01:56:05 pm »
Hi,
Recived the file i will reply once is ready.
Thanks

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:52 am »
We created first Czech supported release. If you want to review visit
http://code.google.com/p/sambapos/downloads/list
Thank you endrju!

If you want to help you can request translation file access or new translation document for different languages.
Thanks.

objecta

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:36:06 am »
Could You please supply me with the Resource files for a Danish translation and instructions on how to test/use them in the development enviroment. I managed to create a Resource.da.resx files and did translate some of the texts, but I'm unable to see the translated text in the application. I also added the "da" to the list of possible languages in the LocalSettings.cs file.

Regrads
Klaus E. Frederiksen, Denmark

garangol

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 08:39:41 am »
Hi. Please let me know if you already have the translation into Spanish languaje and how I can get it, or if I can help make it. Thanks

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »
@objecta I'll prepare a short tutorial about this. I'll let you know when it is ready.
@granangol if you can PM me your e-mail address I'll send you related documentation.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 04:23:24 am »
Objecta you should set Custom Tool setting of your resource file to PublicResXFileCodeGenerator. So it will generate required cs files. This is the short answer. Follow these steps to add new language resources in development environment:

• Right Click on Samba.Localization project and click "Open Folder in Windows Explorer". This command will display Samba.Localization project files in Windows File Explorer.
  • Double Click "Properties" folder in windows file explorer. You should see language resource files there.
  • If you want to reference English resources, create a copy of Resources.resx file and rename the copy as Resources.da.resx. This file will be used for Danish resources but for now it will contain English resources.
  • Enable Visual Studio window and drag&drop the Resources.da.resx file under Samba.Localization > Properties Folder. It should include the resource file in project.
  • You should notice all resource files are expandable. For example when you expand Resources.tr.resx resource file you'll see a Resources.tr.Designer.cs file. For now Resources.da.resx file is not expandable because Resources.da.Designer.cs file didn't generated yet. To Auto generate it:
  • Right Click on Resources.da.resx file
  • Click Properties (this should display Resources.da.resx file properties)
  • Write PublicResXFileCodeGenerator to Custom Tool Setting
Now Resources.da.resx file is expandable and when you expand it you should see Resources.da.Designer.cs file under it. When you double click on Resources.da.resx file you'll see the resource editor and you should be able to change Value column with Danish words.

- The last required step is adding "da" to SupportedLanguages list in LocalSettings.cs file.

Now you should be able to change language from Local Settings and your changes on Danish resources should be displayed immediately.

When you finish your translation send me the resource file and I'll add it to the main repository.

Alternatively I can generate the Danish translation file like we did for other languages. This file is a Google Spreadsheet document and you'll be able to translate resources online or using Excel.

Thanks.