Author Topic: Sale of "no stock" items  (Read 8809 times)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Sale of "no stock" items
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:15:35 am »
Hmmmm, not sure what to call this so let me explain.

We are also selling airtime/credit for Pay-as-you-go mobile phone providers. This is stored in the till more for save keeping then anything else. All money for this are kept separate and does not form part of our sales as in food. Is there a way I could add it to the product list but have it listed separately on the sales reports. This way I can still operate it via the terminal and track the sales and yet not have it included in the sales figures?

So, Can I add the airtime/credit as a product but have it shown in the reports separate like the Tips are shown?

Sound complicated so I hope you get what I mean, lol
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Re: Sale of "no stock" items
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:07:48 am »
Just an update to see if I can put in simpler.

I need to sell items but need to display the total sales of that item seperatly in the sales reports like for example the Tips are shown.

tx
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 06:57:35 am »
You can create an additional department and create a separate menu for that department. In work period report you'll see all totals (sales & payments) by department too.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 07:43:49 am »
You can create an additional department and create a separate menu for that department. In work period report you'll see all totals (sales & payments) by department too.

Hmmmm, did not think of that .... Thanks .... was almost rebuilding my whole system around tags to try and figure that out!
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 03:19:19 am »
I tried the different department option but I am unable to add items/products from different departments on the same ticket?
Even in Namibia, Africa!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 04:09:52 am »
You need to close the ticket to suspend it, change departments, open the ticket and add the items from that department.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:52:54 am »
Thanks, will give it a try
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 03:33:22 am »
I ran into a problem with multiple department....

I have 2 main departments, the Restaurant and the Take-away. The Take-away till closes at 5pm, but that does not mean we stop selling take-away's. So I tried to get the Restaurant terminal to also access the Take-away menu which is fine, but I am unable to get the Settle / Cash Off buttons to activate. What am I missing?
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 03:35:11 am »
Hmmm, thinking about it, I also see another problem and that is with the printer and cash drawer...... Darn, I do not want to load the whole Take-away menu on my Restaurant department as well!
Even in Namibia, Africa!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 04:25:40 am »
We call this Cross Selling. Which is where this post http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,192.0.html ended up.

On the Restaurant terminal, select the Take Away menu, select the items and close the ticket.
Switch back to the Restaurant menu, open the ticket and settle.

This means you can use the Restaurant cash and the Work Period Report will show the Cross Sales between departments, and who owes what to who.

The only thing, is the receipt will be from the Restaurant (Restaurant name, not Take Away name), unless you use Product Categories in your Print Jobs and allow both departments (and terminals) to print to both receipts. If both departments trade with the same name, then no issue with printing - leave as is.

We use this between Bars & Restaurants, as the Restaurant does not sell alcohol, but customers want to put Bar items on their Restaurant ticket, and pay for the lot at the end of their meal. It means that they can pay at either department and you know that all items have been paid for.