English Boards > Support

Sale of "no stock" items

<< < (2/2)

JohnS:
You need to close the ticket to suspend it, change departments, open the ticket and add the items from that department.

CafeCuppio:
Thanks, will give it a try

CafeCuppio:
I ran into a problem with multiple department....

I have 2 main departments, the Restaurant and the Take-away. The Take-away till closes at 5pm, but that does not mean we stop selling take-away's. So I tried to get the Restaurant terminal to also access the Take-away menu which is fine, but I am unable to get the Settle / Cash Off buttons to activate. What am I missing?

CafeCuppio:
Hmmm, thinking about it, I also see another problem and that is with the printer and cash drawer...... Darn, I do not want to load the whole Take-away menu on my Restaurant department as well!

JohnS:
We call this Cross Selling. Which is where this post http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,192.0.html ended up.

On the Restaurant terminal, select the Take Away menu, select the items and close the ticket.
Switch back to the Restaurant menu, open the ticket and settle.

This means you can use the Restaurant cash and the Work Period Report will show the Cross Sales between departments, and who owes what to who.

The only thing, is the receipt will be from the Restaurant (Restaurant name, not Take Away name), unless you use Product Categories in your Print Jobs and allow both departments (and terminals) to print to both receipts. If both departments trade with the same name, then no issue with printing - leave as is.

We use this between Bars & Restaurants, as the Restaurant does not sell alcohol, but customers want to put Bar items on their Restaurant ticket, and pay for the lot at the end of their meal. It means that they can pay at either department and you know that all items have been paid for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version