Author Topic: SambaPOS Facebook Page  (Read 7961 times)

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
SambaPOS Facebook Page
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:17 pm »
We converted to Timeline layout on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/sambapos.
Don't you think posting some SambaPOS installation photos here?
Likes or comments are accepted too :)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Re: SambaPOS Facebook Page
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 06:18:52 am »
I will soon splash a few photos there, tomorrow is my official switch over to SambaPOS here at Cafe Cuppio.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 05:13:27 pm »
Great news! Trust me, you'll like that :)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 03:39:26 am »
Posted some shots on the SambaPOS Facebook page ....
Even in Namibia, Africa!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 05:25:58 am »
Nice. I'll have to get some pics of my sites.

wawan

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 07:01:49 am »
Hello CafeCuppio and John,

I saw your terminal photo in facebook site. Very nice! Can I ask you about your setup.
You said you have one Server and Two Terminals.
Q1. In the Server, are you running Samba.MessagingServer.exe?
Q2. Both terminals are running Samba.Presentation.Terminal.exe?
Q3. Your "Sunrise Breakfast" product item is printed with a bigger font than mine. Where do you adjust the font size and the character colour for the Order screen?
Q4. John, in my iPhone when I run Pocket Cloud, the selected product item is printed too small on the screen. Not like yours, nice and readable. The name of my product is not long. "Grilled Chicken" with "Chip" and "Salad" as modifiers. Where can I adjust the character size?

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 07:54:35 am »

I saw your terminal photo in facebook site. Very nice! Can I ask you about your setup.
Q3. Your "Sunrise Breakfast" product item is printed with a bigger font than mine. Where do you adjust the font size and the character colour for the Order screen?
Q4. John, in my iPhone when I run Pocket Cloud, the selected product item is printed too small on the screen. Not like yours, nice and readable. The name of my product is not long. "Grilled Chicken" with "Chip" and "Salad" as modifiers. Where can I adjust the character size?

Q1 - I am not running Messaging server at all, the place is very small, no need to message anyone ;)
Q2 - Samba.Presentation.exe is ran on all stations but they all use the server as data source.
Q3 - I have not adjusted any font settings, using default as it is, but all my terminals are at least 15" screens.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 07:56:55 am »

Q1 - I am not running Messaging server at all, the place is very small, no need to message anyone ;)
Q2 - Samba.Presentation.exe is ran on all stations but they all use the server as data source. Oh, and as far as I know, the Terminal application is only for hand held devices, I might be wrong.
Q3 - I have not adjusted any font settings, using default as it is, but all my terminals are at least 15" screens.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 12:23:44 pm »
Grrr.. Facebook! I couldn't display these great photos on our page like other SambaPOS photos. I tried uploading them to an album but it constantly says "error, try it later"... I'll try it later :)

Thank you for sharing. I don't know if anyone can understand this feeling but it makes me so happy.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 11:59:56 pm »
Emre, just let me know if you want me to email you the photos, then again, I do not think that this will help with the issue, lol
Even in Namibia, Africa!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 04:33:24 am »
Samba.MessagingServer.exe needs to run on only one computer - in this case the server that also hosts the database. All other terminals connect to the MessageServer run on the server.

Samba.Presentation.Terminal.exe is for handheld devices. Samba.Presentation.exe is used on normal desktop computers.

There is no formatting of the text or colours, but screen resolution will show the text as being larger.

You can only adjust the screen resolution which I run at 400x600 in PocketCloud Pro. PocketCloud does not allow you to change to custom resolutions.

endrju

• Business Group
    • Gringo in Rio
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:59 pm »
Yeah we made some realy crazy european minimalistic graphic theme for our delivery based pizza factory and it looks awesome.
I will send some photos there  ;D
Shit happens - no matter if you are in Rio or Europe - Gringo in Rio