Author Topic: Yes I'm still around  (Read 11074 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Yes I'm still around
« on: March 27, 2012, 06:04:08 am »
It's been a while since I have been really active on the forums, and I do feel a little guilty by my lack of presence of late.

The reasons have been life as usual. Moving house has consumed most of our spare time of late, and of course work has gotten in the way of that too :)

But, we have been extremely busy preparing for a new service contract that starts in a little
over 4 weeks. A contract I have been waiting 15 years to get. So we have been ordering new vehicles, preparing a new office and freeing up capital in preparation for all the work about to hit us.

I still check up on the forums now and then, which makes me happy to see the new members and old getting the best they can from SambaPOS, and supporting such a wonderful creation by the project team.

What my new contract gives me is more exposure to venues like Wagga Wagga Country Club and Coolamon Sports Club that are tired of the same old POS systems that are too expensive for small venues and too complicated for what they need, or just don't fit their needs.

Unlike many on this forum, I don't use SambaPOS directly, but supply POS solutions to venues as a part of my business. Venues that I do other work for and therefore have a relationship that allows me to promote SambaPOS through out my area.

It's been a long run up to my first two installs, but what has been learnt has been great and the support from Emre and the project team has been second to none and I'm proud to be apart of such a great community.

And to see people like Edgar, GK & Mozhi (to name a few) come to the forums and put SambaPOS into production and to contribute so much to the forums is amazing. I know I have missed many people, but big or small, everyone here makes this community bigger and better everyday.

So if you don't see me for a while, I'm still down here in Oz, thinking of you guys and counting the days until time is back on my side to do more SambaPOS installs and to drive Emre crazy with my ideas.

Best wishes.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Yes I'm still around
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:23:12 am »
John, I'm glad to hear that contract has finally reached to that state. People who does great things with a big sense of responsibility never needs these but I wish you good luck. I hope you'll put everything in order before we start feeling your absence here. Whenever you think I can help you just drop me a line.

Note: Finish whatever you are doing fast. We'll implement membership :)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:43:33 am »
Note: Finish whatever you are doing fast. We'll implement membership :)

Membership ???
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:50:35 am »
haha sorry, I meant membership system
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,128.0.html

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:08 am »
oh yes, also looking forward to that since I already have a Premium Membership program for my most loyal customers.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 06:01:32 am »
Well I can't hide. Received a call today from another club who wants a new POS system.
They were talking to the manager from the Wagga Country Club and called for a quote and ETA on installation. Two terminals & a server.
They are visiting Wagga on Thursday for a demo.

I think I better start ordering equipment in bulk :) it's about to get busy.

He also asked about the membership integration too.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 03:33:02 pm »
He also asked about the membership integration too.

Hahaha very nice :) I can't believe how you received your first customer reference that fast. Great success!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 03:57:44 pm »
These guys talk to each other, so a well installed and smooth running system gets fast reviews and interest very fast.
My target venues are the smaller ones like this. I wish they weren't 400kms away, but they're a customer nether the less.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 12:48:37 am »
I am also thinking to integrate this SambaPOS Solution into my other business, but I first need to get to know it real good!
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 04:14:01 am »
I wish they weren't 400kms away, but they're a customer nether the less.

Australia is really big. I'm living in a 1650 x 650 kms country :)

...but I first need to get to know it real good!

I think you know it real good :)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 04:45:00 am »
I think you know it real good :)

Not good enough, I want to know more then John, hehehehe

I just need time to play more with it, setup a test/demo station. Now I am too worried that I might cause problems on the live system that will influence the restaurant/take-away.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 04:47:00 am »
Use training mode :)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 04:57:36 am »

I want to go mad with rules/actions/triggers ..... want it is go so far as toe predict the customers orders correctly, lol
Even in Namibia, Africa!

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 06:12:02 am »
I just need time to play more with it, setup a test/demo station. Now I am too worried that I might cause problems on the live system that will influence the restaurant/take-away.
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,184.0.html

I designed this with testing and training in mind. When you run it for the first time, it creates a Compact SQL DB and uses that each time you run training mode.
You can also change the script to refresh the DB every time you run Training Mode.

Everything is the same as the live DB, and you can use printers and pole displays without impacting the live system. I use it for testing and demonstrating changes to users before modifying the live system.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 06:21:08 am »
I have training mode installed .... just did not realize that it actually uses its own DB.
Will it automatically update the training DB with the current setup when I run it?
Even in Namibia, Africa!