Author Topic: Inventory  (Read 10026 times)

alberto_lc

Inventory
« on: October 20, 2011, 10:37:24 am »
Hi,
Your program looks great I havent have the chance to test it with sql yet but with the preloaded database i have been messing arround.
I have a resto/bar in bolivia and i have been using openbravo pos currently, but i have encountered to many limitations. I have some programing knowledge so i have come arround some of them.
But my biguest and one of the ones i have not come arround a good inventoy recipe system. Currently i use an excel sheet i have maneged to do.  What i mean by  recipe inventory is if i sell a food dish the inventory will discount lets say 250gr of meat and 100 of rice. In the case of the bar if i sell a mixed drink the inventory should reflect the ml of the mix drinks for example. If i sell a 100 Long Island ice tea it should discount from inventory 10ml of rum, 10ml of whisky, 50ml of tea for each item sold in this case the 100. and in the inventory it should  discount 1 bottle of each once the amount for each bottle is complete (depending if its 1litter or 750ml or so) I dont know if you get the point.
I have seen you have an inventory and recipe module, but i havent been able to figure it out if the esenario above posible with your current inventory and recipe module? One more thing there might be a work arround if i were able to put in the recipe quantities decimal numbers (0.75).
Well thanks for the time of reading this and answering.
keep the great work.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Inventory
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 09:49:05 am »
Hello Bolivia :)
Alberto first of all thank you for your kind words.

You should be able to track your inventory as you described. On inventory cards we have two unit areas. You'll enter "ML" for base unit and "Bottle" for transaction unit. And 1000 (if 1 Bottle = 1000 ML) to "Unit Multiplier" In this case you'll enter ML's on recipes but get reports by Bottle unit. For example if you have 1500 ML Whiskey left you'll see 1,5 Bottle of Whiskey on inventory reports.

SambaPOS have a simple tally function so you can fix your inventory at the end of work periods. Read 4th item on this page for more info: http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,24.msg28.html#msg28

You should be able to enter decimals on recipe quantities. If you can't there might be a problem with our language implementation. Does it permits typing decimal seperator? Try enabling "Override Windows Regional Settings" checkbox on "Local Settings" and Restart SambaPOS. Let me know if it fixes the problem or not. 

alberto_lc

Re: Inventory
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:24:21 am »
Emre,
Thanks, i will look in to that.
Best Regards,