Author Topic: how to fix tender mistake  (Read 6843 times)

stubby

how to fix tender mistake
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:40:00 am »
Screwed up and cashed out an order that was actually paid for with a credit card. Doh! Reading in the forums it appears there is no way to go back and change a tender, which is NOT GOOD.

So how do I correct this? Someone mentioned doing something in the cash drawer section, but I've never used this and don't want to screw up a production system! And will changing it there fix it in my daily reports?

It is really important that I fix this. In the U.S., credit card processors are required to send out annual statements of how much they processed for you, and that info gets included in your tax filing. If you get audited, and there is a discrepency between what your credit card processor said you sold and what your sales records (pos) says you sold, it will send up red flags with the IRS and that's a bad thing.

Please help me fix my screw-up!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: how to fix tender mistake
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:16:04 pm »
You'll fix reports by entering correction transactions from Cash Drawer module. For example you'll change $50 credit card to $50 cash. You'll either create -50.00 Income transaction or 50.00 expense transaction for credit card to decrease credit card amount. Normally 50.00 expense will do the job but some people prefers -50 income for corrections. While creating that transaction you'll write the reason of this transaction to Description section. Again you'll create $50 income transaction for cash to increase cash amount.

You can install SambaPOS on a separate computer and make some experiments to see how it affects WPR report and Cash Transactions reports.