English Boards > Support

Service template,Tax template,Price definition,Recipes,Modifier groups

(1/2) > >>

msheed:
Am too new to the system and i seriously love it but trust me it is useless for me to know very few functions of the program yet i want to operate a restaurant with it.Any one with proper knowledge of the above and how each can function well.Please help me and share some knowledge because at times i get so stuck.Hope to hear from you soon.Please help me with examples too

JohnS:
Service Template - These are services that you charge as a fee like dine in surcharge, public holiday surcharge
Tax Template - These are for sales tax on products like VAT, GST
Price Definition - Allows multiple pricing tables for periods like happy hour, functions, etc
Recipes - This is used to track stock consumption and links inventory items to products
Modifier Groups - Allows you to modify products like adding fillings to a sandwich, adding sugar and milk to a coffee, toppings to a pizza

rbeaubien:
With the service templates, is it possible to setup an action/rule to charge a percentage to the ticket total? For instance, a force gratuity of 10% could apply to all tickets would like to calculate this each time the ticket total changes.

emre:
Hello. No need to create a rule for this. Just create the service template, name it as gratuity and assign it to a department. While creating the service template choose a percentage based calculation option and enter the percentage value. Additionally with rules you can dynamically change percentage amount for different conditions.

rbeaubien:
Can this be combined with tracking the number of guests as a trigger. For instance, once you have 8 guests on a table, a service charge will apply. This is pretty common in North America restaurants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version