Author Topic: Sambapos all features demonstration ?  (Read 7561 times)

toni

Sambapos all features demonstration ?
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:07:12 am »
Can somebody provide me with a sample database file that demonstrates all sambapos features (old,new) ?

Thank you in advance

EricAllen

Re: Sambapos all features demonstration ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »
I was kind of thinking of something similar. A repository of sample databases of various types for demo and starter setups. Something that users and developers could both contribute to.

toni

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:10:26 am »
I was expecting John to add a sample database because I believe that he uses almost all sambapos features. He might have not read this topic.

spanky

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:35:28 am »
If you want I can give you mine, but it's all in Italian

toni

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 02:11:08 am »
I would be glad If you could. Language doesnt matter for me ;)

topsplodge

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »
I am not sure that there is any need to have loads of DB's as all the information is here, read the forum to decide what features, that are discussed you want to implement and follow the instructions where they are given. Putting the time in and doing this really helps you learn how things work so you can adapt SambaPos more for your own needs. Further if there is an ideas you want to use ask in the forum and someone if they have done it will help or it might find a solution to the challenge.

Tops

EricAllen

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 03:57:37 pm »
I am not sure that there is any need to have loads of DB's as all the information is here, read the forum to decide what features, that are discussed you want to implement and follow the instructions where they are given. Putting the time in and doing this really helps you learn how things work so you can adapt SambaPos more for your own needs. Further if there is an ideas you want to use ask in the forum and someone if they have done it will help or it might find a solution to the challenge.

Tops

I see your point but that doesn't really scale very well. When we demo a customer with the current software I work with we'll already have a whole host of Virtual Machines setup that have preconfigured databases for different types of restaurants (i.e. Pizza Delivery, Pizza Tableservice, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Americana, Bar....)  That way I can pull up a setup for each customer that would already be similar to their own. It's a good selling technique. Also if you're successful and you're implementing a lot of new systems you don't want to reprogram the same concept over and over again. Bar A and Bar B will be pretty similar so it's easier to just start with a template for all bars (Bar X). Then go from there. We have 'ideal' starter databases for every concept we do, since once we do it we save that DB for the next one. From my experience modifiers and alcohols are the two things that you really want base databases for. You'll save days having that already prepared for use.

topsplodge

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:19:52 pm »
I agree with you 100% and if I was to be pitching this as a product I would make sure that my sales material (demo) was spot on with all bases covered having a full understanding of the software so that I could demo in all situations. Setting up a new location I would like templates but my post is aimed to show the users that short cuts are not the way forward with open software. A prospect does not really need to see 100's of wines as a demo but the functions that will work for their place. Functionality is the key and if you are pitching this to prospects you know how to set up the system.

We all know that the features of SambaPos are huge so there is no one solution to demo them all. Lets all help people do what they want to do here in the forum

Hey I am no expert but having spent time to read much of the forum I have an idea and that is the key for all new users as this great software evolves

Tops