Author Topic: javaPOS print  (Read 4655 times)

spanky

javaPOS print
« on: April 24, 2012, 09:14:08 am »
A request to emre, and others who support this project. you can enable printing in JavaPOS? doing so will be possible to connect many cases fiscal type f-90 epson, epson fp81. Widely used in Italy and other countries. JavaPOS is a unified standard for printing fiscal.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: javaPOS print
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:43:07 am »
JavaPOS? From the name it looks like for Java applications. We need something for .net.
AFAIK Microsoft developed an API library named POS.Net for UnifiedPOS standard. Normally they release that library with embedded windows versions compiled for POS devices (not with windows 7). While trying to get information about it I saw some people could operated some features on windows 7 but as we can see on this link http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5355 Windows 7 is not in officially supported operating systems list. That makes me a little bit disappointed.

I know it will be great to support such standard but since it supports lots of devices library is huge and it seems hard to develop something working without having sample devices to test. I'll continue searching for more information about this topic and it will be great if anyone can share more information about it.

Thanks.

EricAllen

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 03:42:23 pm »
I'm not able to help on the programming side but I'm very interested in uPOS support. I have a lot of oPOS hardware that's not compatible with Samba. So if you need anyone to test for you, I can. My understanding is that JavaPOS and oPOS are the predecessors to uPOS. So adding that to Samba would greatly increase the hardware support. Also with the standards I'm used to you actually need uPOS support to be PCI compliant with credit cards. I could be wrong here but if you're not using uPOS or something proprietary then you're using keyboard input for the MSR. If you are using keyboard input then someone can record credit card information with a keylogger but if you're using uPOS it's harder to read. Let me know if there's anything I can do. I'd love to make all my current hardware Samba compatible.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 02:37:19 pm »
Hello Eric. Thank you very much for sharing information about PCI compliance. That won't be quick but we'll have uPOS support. First of all I have to complete some V3 features.

spanky

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:44:46 am »
I also can be tested with the hardware I have available. It would be a great thing if you could connect a fiscal receipt printer.