Author Topic: Inventory Management  (Read 14318 times)

mozhi

Inventory Management
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:02:55 am »
Had been quite a long time, i responded in the forum.
Now as usual i just have some few queries, regarding Inventory Management
If an example is given it would be of some great help as I have searched the forum and there is no complete information about inventory management.

1. Can we have an example for Inventory Item and what each field in the Inventory tab means?
 - How do we make an entry for a direct sale item - Coke Bottle
 - How do we make an entry for a part sale item - Portion of a cake (Piece)
 - a one line explanation about Group Code and its use, Base Unit, Transaction UNit and Transaction Multiplier
2. In the Recipe Column, what is the use of Fixed Rate ?
- an one line explanation about Quantity and Unit
3. IN the transaction Document, how should we correlate Quantity, Unit with the inventory item tab
4. In case we have to manually change the inventory item, like in case of any expiry of an item and we can no more sell it, how do we do this?
5. In case stores gives list of items to the Restaurant, is there a way to track the usage of inventory items, without a recipe. as writing recipe for each item would be very tedious
for eg: If there is a party and we have a bulk order for 100 people, we just need to know the consumption of items, is it possible with our current version?

Note: A sample database with inventory configuration if available would be appreciated.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Inventory Management
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 06:48:40 pm »
Hello. I've created a tutorial for Inventory Tracking features.
http://doc.sambapos.org/doku.php/en/tips/stok_ve_maliyet_sistemi

I hope you'll find the answers of your questions.

Note: I did my best to describe things with my poor English. If anyone notices grammar errors feel free create an account on wiki and  correct them :)

Thanks.

mozhi

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:10:12 pm »
Thanks EMre, that was indeed a great document. It would be of great help for the samba users.

Some more information added to the document will be useful.

1. If there are some items and we have not consumed all of them, in this work period, i hope the INventories will be carried over to the next work Period
2. In case of an Item getting wasted/cannot be sold coz of some reason, How do we adjust it in the inventory
3. As mentioned in the document, if there is an inventory item like salt, which is used for many products, So, is there a way / work around as how I add this inventory item, i dont want to add it into the recipe, I am ok if it doesn't get automatically calculated against each sale, I will manually change the inventory consumption and cost when it is completely consumed?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 08:38:45 pm »
1. Yes it will.
2. For whatever reason when there is a difference between your physical inventory and SambaPOS numbers, you'll update "Physical Inventory" column on end of day record. It will update costs accordingly. We assume if you waste milk, all products costs that uses milk should increase. Also if you used less than you entered on recipes, costs should decrease too.
3. You can create a dummy product for condiments and add a recipe for it which includes salt, pepper etc. Since you don't include condiments product in your menu SambaPOS won't track their inventory but you'll be able to update inventory manually on end of day record when needed.

mozhi

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:22:37 pm »
Thanks Emre. For a prompt reply

I have used your Document and did some testing, and I am able to correlate things.

Now I have a scenario like, i have 4 departments and inventory is being given individually to each department

Can I track the inventory Consumption department wise as every Department will have their own set of Inventory and same Inventory Item can be shared by other Departments as well.

There may be a scenario like when there is no stock with the Stock Manager, the inventories are given from one Department to another Department marking a sales against a department account.

How do we track this? Any direct/work around solution is most welcome

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 07:49:04 am »
Department (store) based inventory tracking not implemented yet.
Thanks.

mozhi

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 12:14:47 am »
Thanks Emre. Any idea why this error occurs, I am trying to add a recipe for an inventory Item which has different portions
ie Coke 200ML/600ML/2L and i am not able to add the recipe as well

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 04:46:04 am »
As the error message says:
The recipe contains a line that an inventory item not selected or quantity is zero. Try selecting inventory items by typing the name and pressing enter.

mozhi

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 07:33:24 am »
Is it necessary to create a tranaction docu,ent adding inventory items and then add recipe, is there any dependency?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 08:56:44 am »
mozhi sorry, I think I couldn't understand your question. Basically for enabling inventory tracking you'll create inventory items and recipes. Transaction documents are useful for increasing inventory. What I meant with quantity is the quantity of an inventory item in a recipe. For example 1 hamburger consumes 1 bread. If you leave bread quantity as 0 in hamburger recipe you'll see that error message.

mozhi

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 04:07:35 am »
Emre,
Think some DB corruption has happened in my scenario then. Can i Send you my DB in some mail and explain the scenario. That way I can explain better

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:25 am »
OK. I'm waiting.

mozhi

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 10:23:43 am »
Hi  Emre,
My File Size is of 135KB and I am not able to attach. Also I am facing one more Problem of DB Check error, as I have installed 2.93 version in the Cake Shop and it is running in the training mode. But i have 2.95 Version installed in my house, but when i try opening the  Training mode here, the front age Opens but pops out Check Database Version Error. How am i supposed to resolve this.?

=================

Use 1234 Admin Password
Pls try adding Recipe for Coke 200ML , Coke 600 ML and Coke 2L and then add recipe for Sprite 200ML

Inventory Items will be Coke and portion will be 200ML, 600ML and 2L.

You will realize the problem
================

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 10:51:58 am »
Mozhi, you can't run different versions of SambaPOS on same database file. Either use 2.93 at home or upgrade your SambaPOS to latest version on both computers. SambaPOS will upgrade database on first run after setup completes. If you manually copy a database of an older SambaPOS version you need to reinstall SambaPOS to upgrade database.

I successfully created recipes as you described. Can you send me the screenshot of the recipe that you can't save?

mozhi

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 11:17:52 am »
This is what I am trying to add