Author Topic: 2 issues regarding Tendered Amount and Change Due  (Read 4600 times)

toni

2 issues regarding Tendered Amount and Change Due
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:51:10 am »
I have followed John's guide at http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,218.msg1144.html#msg1144
These settings work perfect. However, if you have 2 tills or more, and open a table on Till-1 and settle it on Till-2  Tendered Amount and Change Due  values are empty as Ticket is Created on Till-1. Another issue is when customer wants to pay half of the bill "Cash" and rest with "Credit Card"   Tendered Amount and Change Due  values show wrong values.(in this case I am using lastpaid lines)

I hope, I have been doing something wrong :) 

Thank you in advance.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: 2 issues regarding Tendered Amount and Change Due
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 11:08:48 pm »
Hello toni.

1. It should work on multiple tills because it stores these values as ticket tags. If you can see these numbers under the ticket (yellow area) it should print well. The problem you are experienced might be different. I'll be happy if you can double check your rule and action configuration.

2. Can you give an example? What are the expected values if customer pays $10 cash and $10 CC for $20 ticket? What it displays now?

Footer note: I'm actively developing V3 features and these days I'm too busy to configure SambaPOS as you configured and testing it to see how it works. After weekend I hope I'll be able to find some more time for testing these.

toni

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:23:10 am »
Sorry Emre, I wasn't in the office last 2 days. I sent you an email including my database file and more detailed explanation. Thank you very much for your time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 10:52:10 am »
Hello toni. Today i tested your setup quick and I saw a problem with your rule configuration. The action that displays the payment banner overwrites the setting value that you use for holding tendered amount value. For this reason Sambapos can't convert banner value to a number so it displays zero instead. Either hold banner value under a setting with a different name or disable it until finishing your configuration. Also update it to the latest release because updates may have some fixes. Let us know your progress. Thanks.

toni

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:09 am »
Thank you very much  Emre. You are great!!!  :)   My first issue has been solved.    My second issue was "last paid lines" print job  prints empty Tender and Change due amounts.  I am sure that  I have been doing something wrong again.  After fixing it can you send my database. I would like to see your changes. Thank you very much again.