Author Topic: Guest/Seat, Split Bills, Merging Tables  (Read 6833 times)

zaz

Guest/Seat, Split Bills, Merging Tables
« on: May 22, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »
Hello All,

I am wondering if in the next Version(3) will see something like -

- after choosing table, adding the number of guests and taking orders based on guests (split bills)
- merging tables in progress
- split the amount of an appetizer to guests
- adding guests to a table on the fly (with running order or not)
- queue orders when customers are in line.
- changing/adding/moving waters to a table - good when a water end his work and another will serve

please let me know.

thank you!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Guest/Seat, Split Bills, Merging Tables
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 06:59:07 pm »
I think you can configure SambaPOS for some of these. This topic might give the idea
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,338.0.html

zaz

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:08:07 pm »
hi emre,

i look to the suggestion. i am looking for a standard\default setting rather than a "work-around-it" - since i am afraid that it could not work on future versions. having guests after choosing tables are the standard setup when you have you restaurant in a business. i tried to setup the tables as seats (what resolves the split bill issue) but it does not help when you have the amount of an appetizer shared by the guests, or need to merge tables ...

i was think something before setting\entering an order -

it will be a question of Dine/lunch in or carry out?
(it can lead as a table or a number (password)

if a table - how many guests\order? (1 ticket like a family dinner or many - co-works having dinner/lunch together)
otherwise take the order and print a number to the customer to have the food to go/carry out.

and of course being able to move/add orders around tables, having a table status something like table needs to be cleaned, served, etc adding waiters (the waiter is ending his work and we are adding a new one but need to keep what was served between waiters), split bills based on guests.

i like the product, let me know if you know about a modified version of sambaPOS that actually does it ...

also any ideas how to have sambaPOS implemented with a kitchen Display? like when order is ready and closed by kitchen it flashes the table/guest view.

thank you in advance! keep the good work!

zaz

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 08:36:49 pm »
anyone knows a business version of sambaPOS that does what i am asking?

zaz

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 08:47:42 pm »
anyone? what about KDS? anyone using with it?