Author Topic: Is this bugs in modifiers?  (Read 6874 times)

sukasem

Is this bugs in modifiers?
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:54:40 pm »
Hi,

I add new products with modifiers but some of them have problem with modifiers.
For example:
A. noodle  ; product item
   * chicken  ; modifier
   * chicken  ; modifier, it's not consolidate to the previous one
   * beef   ; modifier

and I can't remove any of these modifiers when I click remove modifier (turn red) then click chicken or beef.

BTW, I didn't use Group modifier thing.

Cheers,
Sukasem

sukasem

Re: Is this bugs in modifiers?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 11:26:04 pm »
Hi,
I know what cause it now.
If I left tax = 0, then the modifiers work fine.
But if tax > 0 then modifiers have problem.
When I uncheck Add Modifier Price to Product Price, I see the modifier price is [modifier price + tax].

Anyone has this problem?

Cheers,
Sukasem
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:27:53 pm by sukasem »

jackr

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 11:33:33 pm »
Sukasem,

Interestingly, I could actually use such a 'Bug' in the modifiers, but I cannot reproduce it.

This is useful where - for example - you want to use modifiers as instructions to the kitchen.

Per your example, you would be able to have modifiers 'Chicken, 'Beef', and then you would create modifers called 'No','Extra','A Little', etc.

In this way you can keep one set of modifiers for ingredients, and another for how you want those ingredients to be applied. ('No''Beef'. 'Extra''Chicken'

sukasem

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:17:50 am »
Sukasem,

Interestingly, I could actually use such a 'Bug' in the modifiers, but I cannot reproduce it.

This is useful where - for example - you want to use modifiers as instructions to the kitchen.

Per your example, you would be able to have modifiers 'Chicken, 'Beef', and then you would create modifers called 'No','Extra','A Little', etc.

In this way you can keep one set of modifiers for ingredients, and another for how you want those ingredients to be applied. ('No''Beef'. 'Extra''Chicken'

Hi Jackr,
How could you have modifier "No" and "Beef" in the same line?
I have one set of modifier as for No, Little, Extra and one for chicken, beef..., but when I click No then Chicken it on different line.
Thanks,
sukasem

jackr

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 07:48:05 am »
It is on a different line, So I would set up the modifier name to be something like

'Beef'

and then the instruction name would be like

'--NO--'
that makes it clear that it is an instruction.

On the ticket it appears like this.

'Chicken'
'Noodles'
'Sauce'
'--NO--'
'Beef'

That being said, this setup would only allow one instruction per item, being that I cannot get the modifiers to duplicate.

- JackR

sukasem

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:01:06 am »
I used old Squirrel Pos before. They do have that modifiers that can do the same line.
I can click No button and Onion Button then both are printed No Onion on the same line.

Maybe Emre can implement that.

Thanks,