Author Topic: work with order tag and order tag template  (Read 6549 times)

spanky

work with order tag and order tag template
« on: August 21, 2012, 03:07:02 pm »
Greetings to emre and all of the forum, is that I miss a lot and I saw that v3 continues to move forward. :)
these days I have tried and would like to help in sending reports of problems and bugs.
The only drawback I've found are the order tag.
I understand how the order tag and here is the first question. when there is a situation with many tags as "more, little, no, sequence, cooking, only" the buttons on the left side are many and screens of 1024 x 768 is riscia not to see the last buttons.
with regard to the order template tag I did not understand how they work. Can anyone explain to begin with lavorere v3 for testing. thanks

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: work with order tag and order tag template
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 03:46:05 pm »
Spanky we'll solve it by grouping them like we did for V2. Does it solves the problem?

Order tag template is used for creating default order tags for products. You'll create a list of tags here and write that template name in menu button list to the column named "Order Tag Template". So when you choose that button item gets automatically tagged as template configured. This is a replacement for V2 "default modifiers"

spanky

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:23:06 pm »
therefore is a function that should still be included? because it was convenient to group multiple choices in a single button, not to mention the occupied space.

spanky

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 10:22:59 am »
I did some tests with order tag but I can not be grouped on the same button, also because I can not find a group tag as V2. currently the tag sell order displayed on the left side and not in the section of the modifiers as in V2. Not be supported the function by repeatedly pressing a button modifiers that change?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:36 pm »
Hello spanky. I didn't sumbitted that part yet because I'm still thinking for other solutions like prefixing order tags.
If you have any other idea about that I'd like to hear.
Thanks.

spanky

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 03:27:22 pm »
Hello emre, even I had thought of prefixes, the problem arises in giving money to the prefix. It may solve giving a percentage to be added or subtracted to the variant, for example:
You create prefixes such as "more, less, little" and give it a value "+100% - 100% or +0%, + 50%. In this way we obtain that if we have a variant example salami € 2, if becomes more will be 2 euro, the less - 2 + 0 euro or euro if it will be just 1 euro.'s name prefix is ​​joined to that of variants to get more salami, less oil, a little basil. would be nice to also have a six-color the code so that when you click the button changes color. siffisso once the map is associated with a group of properties. much this would simplify the inclusion of variants with their prefixes. would be nice if the variants remain to the right of the screen and not to the left where there are ticket tag. comes to mind I'll let you know a better alternative.

spanky

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »
You could simplify things leading strings of the cuts in the settings.
as 5 cuts with a variant which costs 3.00 euro:
- Total Cost of variant 100% 3.00 euro
- Cost halved 50% € 1.50
- No cost 0% 0 euro
- Cost halved in negative -50% - € 1.50
- Total cost in negative -100% - 3.00 euro

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 03:11:02 pm »
Spanky thank you very much for the detailed info.
I'm not sure if using percentages with prefixes will work better (and simpler) than old grouping feature. I'm planning to improve it by creating order tags quantity settings for (2 free, +priced) case. I'm trying to image how these will work together.

Grouping feature is easy to configure but harder to use.
Prefixing is easier to use but configuration options will be limited with ratios.

Maybe we can use two alternatives together. For example we can create another set of buttons labelled as (no, less, grande, etc...) and user clicks "no" button first and the order tag name (for example onion) second. If an order tag named as no onion exists it will tag the order with "no onion" tag and use the price configured on that order tag. It will be easier than trying to find the tag by repeatedly clicking the order tag button.

I'll be happy to hear if anyone have other ideas.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 08:16:19 pm »
OK. My final thought is implementing it like V2 but instead of displaying a single cycling button we may display two group of buttons one for the tag and the other one is for the tag modifier. For example if we have *No Onion, *Less Onion, *Onion, *More Onion tags, since we used Onion keyword in common we can understand Onion is the tag and the other words are the prefixes. So we'll display No,Less,?,More buttons and Onion (additional buttons for other tags if exists) as a separate button. So clicking sequentially [Less] and [Onion] buttons will mean choosing Less Onion tag.

How it sounds?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 08:17:52 pm by emre »

spanky

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 02:51:25 am »
For me as modifiers work in v2 is perfect, only one group of buttons with multiple choice is intuitive and fast when you are at a table. the problem is that it is not easy to fit, and that the missing color change when a button is pressed. the product map is a good idea and much easier for certain passages. the solution is to create the prefixes with multiple-choice button (is my opinion) because doing so you would have:
-inserting the prefixes (most without, little)
-fit variants (onion, salami, mozzarella, etc. ..)
-it is said to the group to which the prefix is part
did ...
the only problem is deciding whether to add or subtract the price of invariare modifier.
Perhaps the best thing for those coming from v2 and leave everything as it is and add only the choice of color of the button and the map of the categories.
after all modifiers should be entered only once. then if anyone has advice ...