Author Topic: Warehouse Management for v3  (Read 5044 times)

spanky

Warehouse Management for v3
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:50:01 pm »
What it lacks in V2 and it is very difficult to manage is the warehouse. Interesting to know that to make a pizza margherita need 50 g of mozzarella cheese 30 tomato etc. ... and it is good to keep it, but you should manage the amount of storage starting from the products, for example: I enter a sell beer to 3 euros, now the warehouse I should insert fulfill purchase price of this beer without creating a new inventory item as in v2, I should enter the quantity purchased and the amount understock maybe that when you go into report should give me all the products in understock and tell me what to buy by the supplier. into account could be included as well as suppliers and have the prints of what to buy, from whom, and how much totale.Anche the warehouse load should be simple. have a list of all products with a search field and two buttons, one to add N ° quantities to the warehouse and a button to remove N ° quantities from the warehouse. By doing so I will have all products in stock, but only to decide by means of a check which really interest me to manage the quantity. if I publish a picture of how it could be. I hope these tips can be of help.

spanky

Re: Warehouse Management for v3
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »
Here's how it could be. In practice what happens:
decide which product to manage in stock, quaesto is added to in a list of products with the search field. the fields are name, quantity available, quantity understock, purchase price, sale price, a field where you can enter as many quantities upload or subtract from the warehouse and then a pattern of movement, made ​​supplier, customer made​​, purchase, movement in and output. a bit like the screen to change the prices of products, it should be similar, but in this case we changed the amount of stock.

spanky

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:03:27 pm »
Another interesting feature might be this one. When stock a product ends up Quandi comes to quantity 0 the button is displayed or highlighted in another color or receive a message that the product is finished, perhaps with the choice to insert it anyway.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 03:34:04 pm »
Spanky I know we need lots of additional features for better warehouse management but I think we won't change tracking them through Inventory Items. For some restaurants a Coke sale may directly corresponds to a can of Coke but for some restaurants it means Coke + 1 Paper Cup + 1 Straw.. Instead of trying to predict if we should track it with products or inventory items we relied on recipes and inventory items.

Configuring critical levels for inventory items and reporting them is in our todo list.
Configuring multiple warehouses and moving items between them is in the list too.

I understand your needs on inventory level modification. I copied your sample design for future reference. I especially liked the idea of entering reasons for modifications.

I still like to hear more ideas for managing it better.
Thank you very much.

spanky

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 08:21:50 am »
One thing missing from the warehouse is a screen made ​​from sales. I make an example. There are bars offering gifts (souvenirs, mugs, bottles of wine). in case the customer wants to change a bottle of wine with another screen from the sale should be able to make the return of the old and replace it in stock, and sell the new exhaust with stock.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 04:45:15 pm »
We introduced a new setting called "Order States". If you noticed we configured Void and Gift functions by using this setting and we can configure if a state "decreases inventory" or not. We only need an additional setting for configuring it to increase inventory. So we'll be able to mark a line as "Return" like we mark a line as "Gift" or "Void"

spanky

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 03:18:20 am »
indeed! sometimes the hardest things are the simplest. this should also impact on the report, if I sell wine for 15 euros and replace it with one of 20 in the closing cash should I bring 5 euros.