Author Topic: Strange Happenings with Dept Type  (Read 4107 times)

mdl@blueyonder.co.uk

Strange Happenings with Dept Type
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:14:03 am »
Hi Everyone.

First post as up to now I have searched the forums and found all the answers I need.

It took me ages to find Samba and tried a lot of others before settling here. Awesome software , Thanks.

I have set all the menus up how I want them and went through and deleted all the tables as I dont need them.

I connected the cash drawer and followed all the posts on how to get it to open on cash and also the open till button (no sale).

Then I hit a funny thing and I could not figure out what I had done. The No sale button disapeared and I could not get it back.

I have finally figured out what I had done. I had changed department type to fast food from al a carte.

Why does the button header not show when using fast food as a department type.

I thought that choosing fast food would get rid of the table options and thats all I wanted to do.

Is this a little bug or is this correct.

Im still at the playing stages but I would also like to reset everything when I am done so that there is no financials showing. Is this possible. Obviously I want to keep all my products etc so I dont want to delete the data file and start from scratch.

I am just using a stand alone at the moment but once everything it working ok i would like to try and network with 2 more (hopefully lol)

Thanks for any help./

Matt

evail

Re: Strange Happenings with Dept Type
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:22:15 am »
I recommend you create a new department for the fast food. and after assigning everything to the new department. remove the old one.

mdl@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Strange Happenings with Dept Type
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:08:48 pm »
Cheers will give that a go.

I noticed that copying one samba db file from one pc to another gave the same result. The No Sale button dissapeared. Thats what you get for trying to shortcut lol.

Cheers

MAtt