Author Topic: how to find version number?  (Read 5637 times)

slabo

how to find version number?
« on: September 20, 2012, 10:31:56 am »
Hi
How do I find the currently running SambaPOS version number? Shouldn't it be displayed  in the main menu screen?
And shouldn't product release pages have a date? I don't know if I'm running the latest version or not.

teşekkürler
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:36:22 am by slabo »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: how to find version number?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 10:50:52 am »
You can find the version number on left-bottom side of the login screen. Or on the window title. The bring it in window double click on SambaPOS name next to apple icon on top of screen.

Release dates can be found on sambapos.googlecode.com downloads page.

slabo

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 03:32:08 am »
Thanks, it's a good idea to only put the version number where people would look for it and not have it show up constantly in the POS window.

I've been using SambaPOS for over a month now, and really never saw the version number in the login screen. Even when you told me about it, I had to look twice to see it. I think white font on that grey background is a bad choice. Maybe try to make the font embossed, or with slightly thicker edges in future versions to make it stand out. Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 07:25:42 am »
Hello slabo. You'll see it when needed but it won't catch attention in daily use. That was intentional :)
I countered it with shades for easier reading but different screen contrast settings might make it harder to read. I'll check that.
Thank you for the suggestion.