Author Topic: modifiers  (Read 7893 times)

jenem

modifiers
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:38:38 pm »
Hi,
First of all Sambapos is a great example of a clean and easy to use pos software.
Version 2.70
I have a number of problems.
I created a modifier called shots and tied it to coffee in the example database.
When coffee button is pressed the item is added to the selection window.

Modifiers do not come up until the coffee item is selected in the selection window.
If a modifier is selected the item is added to the selection window.

I have noticed that the coffee price is increased by the modifier amount.

I think the modifier should only change the order total.

I think it should be possible to select the modifier to change/delete the modifier without having to delete the item, in this case coffee and start again.

PS the receipt printed correctly

Ed

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: modifiers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:37:44 am »
Hello jenem, welcome to SambaPOS forums. First of all thank you for sharing your issues with us.
I've uploaded 2.71 release to fix some of your issues. Please make sure you installed that release before changing the configuration.
  • Price increasing issue is fixed. Like you said item prices should not increase while "Add modifier price to product price" setting is unchecked.
  • To clear modifiers you can add an additional button to a modifier group. Add a new modifier named X to the end of the modifiers list. Clicking that X button will clear all modifiers of that group.
  • You can configure SambaPOS to display modifiers immediately on menu item selection. To do this click Management > Products > Menu List and double click Menu. This command will display menu configuration. Click on a category (for example Beverages) and click Edit Product Properties to display menu items in this category. A table will popup and you'll see a column named "Auto Select". Enable Auto Select for items you want to display modifiers immediately.
Hint: You may need too log off and login to reflect changes to SambaPOS menu.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:44:45 am by emre »

jenem

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 07:08:49 am »
Thank you Emre for your reply.

I will try the new version.

Can I say how much I appreciate your hard work. I have used point of success special edition (freeware) but find your software easier.

I think the way to increase the awareness of the strengths of the programmes configuration options is to improve the English documentation on the wiki page. If you need a hand drop me an email. (I dont speak Turkish!!)

I have also found some Turkish words in the English options selections.

How do you create a button to cancel a payment and return to the previous screen (For adding an extra item to the previous order if customer changes mind)

Ed

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:50:08 am »
Hello.
Like we do on SambaPOS development, documentation writing is a volunteered job too. Under doc.sambapos.org we have a wiki based documentation system. Anybody in our community can create an account there and add / modify pages whenever they want. We can also add support for different languages too.

I'll be happy if you can let me know the Turkish words you found.
Thank you very much.