Author Topic: SPLIT TICKETS  (Read 8583 times)

indypctech

SPLIT TICKETS
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:53:53 pm »
Hello everyone thank you for all the help

i have a question which i don't get  how do you split the ticket if u have more than one person paying for the meals ?

i have try the move option but i quite don't get it  could someone help me

lemmings

Re: SPLIT TICKETS
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 05:47:13 pm »
I had the same issues.

If your splitting by food items for each seat/person then you need to select the items and move to a new ticket then settle the two/three/four tickets separately - it is quite logical but depends on how the table want the bill split

If you doing an equal split you can use the 1/2 1/3 and 1/4 buttons on the payment screen and take the two/three/four payments.  Getting a printed receipt is a different issue.

In the UK we have to provide customers with an option of a receipt (even if splitting bill) and that took me some time to set up Actions and Rules - if you want instructions I can let you have some.

indypctech

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:24 pm »
could u please here in the states we have to print bill for the customer which after he checks everything out he pays the bill  thank you for your help

toni

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 06:46:49 am »
Can you please let us know your instructions.(Actions,Rules)   Thank you.

I had the same issues.

If your splitting by food items for each seat/person then you need to select the items and move to a new ticket then settle the two/three/four tickets separately - it is quite logical but depends on how the table want the bill split

If you doing an equal split you can use the 1/2 1/3 and 1/4 buttons on the payment screen and take the two/three/four payments.  Getting a printed receipt is a different issue.

In the UK we have to provide customers with an option of a receipt (even if splitting bill) and that took me some time to set up Actions and Rules - if you want instructions I can let you have some.

lemmings

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:07:43 pm »
I started by setting up the Tendered and Change Amount as per current forum posts, with one amendment:

The print template needs to contain:

Tendered:|£ {SETTING:TENDERED}
Change Due|£ {SETTING:CHANGEDUE}

This is because I'am set up the Rules and Actions to print the receipt before the Close button and it seems that the Ticket Tag for Tendered and Change Amount are not created until the Close button is clicked.

In the Print Job for the Receipt it is set up to Print All Lines and Manual. I deselected Close Ticket as I do not want a duplicate receipt.  The button for receipt can be set up in the Payment Screen or POS screen but I only use this button in the POS Screen for reprinting receipts for settled tickets as the output can sometimes be confusing.

Once you have set up Tendered and Change Due, and amended the Receipt Template, these are the other rules and actions created:

Rules

1. Rule Name: Part Payment
    Event: Payment Received
    Actions: Part Payment Received
                 Setting Value [Amount]
                 Payment Type
                 Setting Value [PaymentType]

2. Rule Name: Receipt Print
    Event: Payment Received
    Action: Print Receipt Part Payment

Actions:

1. Action Name: Part Payment Received
    Event: Update Program Setting
    Setting Name: PAIDAMOUNT
    Setting Value: [Setting Value]
    Update Type: Update
    IsLocal: True

2. Action Name: Payment Type
    Event: Update Program Setting
    Setting Name: PAYMENTTYPE
    Setting Value: [Setting Value]
    Update Type: Update
    IsLocal: True

3. Action Name: Print Receipt Part Payment
    Event: Execute Print Job
    Job Name: Print Receipt

This works with equal split payments 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4.  It works if split by line items. It works for full settlement and paid some cash and some card.

A couple of undesirable issues is reprinting receipts for split amounts - does not work as the payments are not stored on the ticket (although they are listed separately in the database table).

The other issue is if an exact amount is paid the Tendered and Change Amount both print as 0.  I have been trying to hide the 0 items with the square brackets but this does not work and I have raised an issue with support for this as it only seems to work for some variables.

Below is an example receipt for a split bill (split by 2 payment £ 8 each), as you can see the Tendered and Change Due are Zero.  (Ignore the receipt layout as this is only a copy of an xps file not an actual printout.

lewasabisushi

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:23 am »
My Newbie solution:
I created 4 tables: split 1 to split 4. Every time costumer wants a split ticket, I move each item they want to split to a split table :)
Every one would be able to choose any payment type that suites themselves.