Author Topic: User time keeping and driver assignment  (Read 4873 times)

Beyondcr

User time keeping and driver assignment
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »
Hello, I am stuck and I come to ask for help, maybe I am missing something or maybe what I am looking for dose not exist,

With our current workflow we have three types of employees (Counter Help, Cook, Delivery Driver)  the employee comes to work and ("Clocks in") Signs into their user account to begin the tracking of hours they are at work, once the employee is done the shift they ("Clock out") ending the tracking. Resulting in the ability of the admin/manager to track report total hours worked weekly or biweekly for payroll. whilst the terminals are on separate limited user accounts that all employees have access for taking orders ie (reg1 reg2 reg3... ect...) We offer Eat-in, Take-out, Pick-up and Delivery. I did read elsewhere on the forums that you are hard at work on a payroll feature and I cannot wait to see what you have brewed up.

Now my second and sort of major problem I have with our current workflow and the current limitation of SambaPOS please correct me if this is at all possible.

We have a fourth terminal specifically for the delivery drivers once a order is placed for delivery (via reg1, reg2 or reg3) it is then displayed in a queue on all delivery driver user accounts to where they can assign the delivery to their user account before leaving on the delivery in return removing the listing from the main pos screen (Note the delivery is not payed out or removed, just held in a temporary spot that cannot be accidentally modified with out proper authentication ) once the driver is done its shift they do a final payout that closes all tables the driver has assigned to its account, and prints a report with total amounts due.

The reason why the above workflow is useful and requested for implication is I cannot think of a better way that dose not cause mass confusion between multiple drivers taking multiple deliveries  at a time.

Thank you for taking the time to read the issues I am currently facing with SambaPOS.

toni

Re: User time keeping and driver assignment
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 02:28:15 am »
For time being, You can assign a driver to the ticket by using "Ticket Tag" feature and keep track of records in your workperiod report regarding drivers. Sambapos V3 might support this sort of things since it is very important for delivery systems.

spanky

Re: User time keeping and driver assignment
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 02:36:44 am »
You may have work periods separated, and keep track of the start time and end time job for every worker.