Author Topic: Testing on printers  (Read 5715 times)

shabgany

Testing on printers
« on: November 01, 2012, 02:01:41 am »
Hi Emre/JohnS,

First and foremost, you guys are marvelous!  :)

It's been about a month i started using SambaPos and i'm starting to understand the functionality on how it works. Currently, I'm using it not for business purposes but as a teaching and learning tool. Right now i don't have a ESC/POS thermal printer to test it out, instead, i'm using normal laserjet printers to test it. Here are my queries and i hope you can help me out in this.

• It's printing as a one line weird characters with the header title
  • It's only printing to one printer instead of the secondary shared printer where the print jobs is we send to the kitchen to print

I believe in one of your comments for a particular user that you mentioned that this application needs compatible hardware to make it work however, we do not have the required printer at the moment. Can you advice on how i should do the testing to print on two printers?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:10:22 am by shabgany »

shabgany

Re: Testing on printers
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:23:47 am »
It's Ok! it's working now! one of the settings under print jobs i accidently changed the path name of the printer. I understand it's the lousiest form of testing using a normal laserjet printer however that's the only cost effective form of testing. so the only thing we can do now is invest on a ESC/POS thermal printer as required :)