Author Topic: viewing & editing ctickets  (Read 9721 times)

prismbeer

viewing & editing ctickets
« on: December 17, 2011, 11:26:37 am »
Where can i view and edit individual tickets after the work period has been closed? I am afraid to try and reopen the work period as I'm not sure if that will re-format and delete the info already there. As an admin I need to be able to fix tickets which employees may have entered incorrectly and/or refund customers.

On that note - how can i view all tickets associated with a particular customer to view the customers spending habits. Is there a report for this?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: viewing & editing ctickets
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:59:46 am »
Sorry prismbeer. Even administrators on SambaPOS can't alter paid (closed) tickets. You can record refunds on Cash so your cash report will generate correct numbers and you'll be able to track refunds. If you'll be able to delete items from old tickets nobody will know that refund. We assume it a security issue.

Click "Find Ticket" button on menu numerator to display ticket explorer. You'll be able to display & print old tickets and filter them by account & table.

Hint: If you are using "table view" as default screen, click "Close" button to display menu numerator.

prismbeer

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:09:43 pm »
We select a customer for most all tickets. It would be good to analyze customer spending habbits. I tried what you said and could not find a customer. I'd rather not have to export sales data to create a custom report.

Is there a way?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 03:54:35 pm »
After displaying ticket explorer click on "Open Tickets Only" box and a popup will display. Select "Account", type an account name, select date range and click refresh.

prismbeer

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 06:21:29 pm »
The problem is that is only good for open tickets. I am trying to analyze past sales data for a specific customer - not current sales data. Is customer history not saved or able to be analyzed?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 07:25:54 pm »
Try this

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:28:54 pm by emre »

prismbeer

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »
Ok, I'll try that. But I just had another issue... I rang up a customer as a credit card - and then their credit card was denied so they paid cash. Since the check was closed - I had no way to modify the payment from credit card to cash.

So we need the ability for admins to edit a closed check in a bad way.

please :)

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 05:21:45 am »
prismbeer admins can change any record on SambaPOS but not paid tickets. There is an easy solution. Don't click "Credit Card" button before processing the credit card. This is easier than altering old records for correcting mistakes. We saw lots of admins who changes Cash payments to Credit Card intentionally and process their own credit card instead to grab some free cash. For such reasons we decided not to permit corrections by altering financial data. You should make corrections through Cash Drawer module by creating an inverse transaction and describing the issue. This will force employee to keep record of mistakes and at a later time you (or managers) will be aware of the issue and know why that correction needed. This is our strict policy and we won't change it in our official releases.