Author Topic: 2nd day trying to set up multi terminals, Help please !  (Read 7145 times)

Tha99

2nd day trying to set up multi terminals, Help please !
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:18:07 am »
I have read and do everything according to the forum. I install 2008 SQL express, set it up to Default instance name, password is sambapos.1234  , But when I set data source = localhost\SQLEXPRESS  , I can't start the SambaPOS. I can't figure out why

My questions are
1. We need to set data source to localhost\SQLEXPRESS in order to set up multi terminal?
2. Do I need to set up local network first
3. Any SQL express would work? I see so many in the web
4. Default database user Id is sa? can I change it?
5. Yes, Need help !

Thank you  :)

Tha99

Re: 2nd day trying to set up multi terminals, Help please !
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20:45 pm »
So, I get data source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS working now. I am using Windows 7 for both terminal. Still, the client terminal can't connect to the server
Here's info

Server terminal name = FMT1
Client = FMT2
server password = sambapos.1234
user id = sa ?

on the client terminal, I have tried to set data source = FMT1\SQLEXPRESS  <--- doesn't work
                                                                 data source = FMT1\SQLEXPRESS; user id=sa; password=sambapos <--- also doesn't work

on the server machine Manage>locals settings I have set Message server Name = FMT1 , and enable Auto Start Message Client
But it shows Disconnect at the right bottom of the screen

and from my understanding, on the client terminal we don't have to install SQLExpress right? and do I have to set Message Server Name = FMT1 <-- my server name , and enable Auto start message client ?

Please HELP !

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 02:54:09 pm »
Hello.
1. You need to use the password you entered for sa user during SQL Express setup.
2. Message Server is used for automatically updating table colors on terminals. It will be useful later but for now there is no need to setup message server for database connectivity.
3. Check this topic for more information http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,521.0.html

Tha99

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »
!!! emre !!! It works ! Here's how
I turn on TCP/IP in SQL management like you told me. Then set data source=FMT1\SQLEXPRESS; user id=sa; password=samba.1234

It works !!! Thank you very very much !

By the way, I have read your post somewhere about How you will keep SamboPOS to be Open Source (Free). I am sure we all appreciated what you do. It shows what kind of person you are. Thumb Up !