Author Topic: Cash Drawers  (Read 7775 times)

PCANDCC

Cash Drawers
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »
Thanks to the support of this forum I have Samba POS pretty much working as wanted.

I do not have a cash drawer yet and want to buy one.  I have ports for my cash drawer on my Epson Printer T-TM88IV and my PC (DigiPOS Retail Blade).

Which port should I choose and what sort of Voltage will it require?  If I attach the Cash Drawer to the Printer can I still open the Cash Drawer without always printing a receipt.  eg.  when I press cash paymet for a bar sale I want the cash drawer to open but I do not want to print a receipt?

Any advice is very gratefully received.

Many thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:57:29 pm by PCANDCC »

lemmings

Re: Cash Drawers
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:20:47 pm »
Hi

most cash drawers have a 12v RJ11 style connector which will connect straight to the receipt printer.

Im currently working on the same issue and created a button to open the cash drawer independently of printing a receipt but I have yet to find a way to open the cash drawer if I press cash payment but I guess an action or rule needs to be setup somehow.

I will let you know once I have completed my programming and testing

PCANDCC

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:24:26 am »
Thanks for the reply.  That looks like a good solution.

To avoid the receipt printing every time the cash drawer opens I am hoping to connect the Cash Drawer directly to my PC (the connector is in place).  Can Samba POS handle this set-up?  If so, any advice to get it going would be great!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 03:45:28 am »
Hello, When we connect drawer to printer it might seem we should print something to be able to open drawer but we can do it without (or with) printing. If your printout contains <DRAWER> command it will kick drawer after printing but if template contains nothing other than <DRAWER> command in header template it will only open cash drawer. Please read this for more information about this command and using actions&rules for automating it for your needs. http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,61.0.html

Note: <DRAWER> command does not work for some people. Use <XCT 27,112,48,55,121> command instead or search forum for other XCT commands people used for different cash drawer models.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:48:00 am by emre »

PCANDCC

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 08:19:44 am »
Thanks for this information. I will see how I get on!
 :D

harindam

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:38 am »
WHAT IS THE CURRENT SITUAION PCANDCC?  :)

PCANDCC

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 01:43:52 pm »
We bought a 24v cash drawer off ebay and used the XCT Command suggested by emre.  Works like a dream.  Thanks again  :D :D :D