Author Topic: Applying Discount to certain menu items  (Read 6168 times)

lemmings

Applying Discount to certain menu items
« on: November 15, 2012, 05:24:11 pm »
I have seen this on the forums and it looks like others have found it difficult to implement.

As an example, my fathers restaurant is running a 20% discount off all food at present, as we run up to Christmas he will be running a 15% discount off all alcohol drinks, how can I apply this in SambaPOS ?

I have added a modifier Promo 20%, an Action and a Rule but they do not seem to take the 20% off the normal price. I was thinking about adding a promo portion on but this would have to be added to every food item.

Does anyone have any ideas ?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Applying Discount to certain menu items
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:03:54 am »
Instead of applying discounts to individual items we preferred implementing a solution that changes item price on certain cases. You'll use price definitions for that. When you create a new price definition a new prince column will appear on price list. You'll enter discounted prices there. When you change the active price tag of a department these prices will be used. You can do it manually or create triggers & rules to activate / deactivate them on certain days or time ranges (or maybe for a customer type). For example if you setup a trigger for Christmas period on every year these prices will used automatically. If you search forum for price lists or price tags you'll find more information about that.

lemmings

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:36:18 am »
Thanks. I have reviewed forums and price definitions and lists make sense now

How would I activate the discounted price on customer producing the promotional leaflet.

The leaflet that has gone out needs to be produced to get the discount off the food. I hoping to be able to monitor the number of leaflets brought in that way.

So basically can we alter to a different price bracket with a modifier as the server must authorise the discount.

Your help so far has been invaluable.

lemmings

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 04:23:39 pm »
Having worked through the rules, actions and modifiers I have been able to get the food discount working using the price tags.

I am writing my own programming manual as SambaPos is in very configurable - its just working out how its done.

Thanks for the response.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 06:00:25 am »
This is possible. You can activate leaflet promotion by activating a custom ticket tag and update inserted item price tags with "Update Ticket Item Price Tag" action.

You'll handle "Line added to ticket" rule and if "Ticket Tag" contains (?) "Leaflet" word than execute related action which will change price tag of that item.

In this case we shouldn't change department price tag because if we do so it will affect next tickets. We should use "Update Ticket Item Price Tag" action.

In work period reports you'll see how many tickets tagged as leaflet promotion, the sum and average of them.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 06:03:02 am »
Not an exact example but in this document you can have an idea how ticket tags works.

http://www.sambapos.org/docs/doku.php/en/tips/how_to_track_sales_in_individual_accounts