Author Topic: Voucher option - Gift cards?  (Read 10079 times)

prismbeer

Voucher option - Gift cards?
« on: December 19, 2011, 03:13:03 pm »
Can you explain what "voucher" does when selected as payment method? We are looking to find a way to enter a gift card as payment - is this what "voucher" does?

jenem

Re: Voucher option - Gift cards?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 01:38:03 am »
I have found that if voucher option is unticked and that if someone then accidental presses voucher button instead of cash button the software just exits to the logon screen.

I was hoping you could remove or rename voucher button and maybe use a button to set up a loyalty option so you could select an item then press a button which would then print loyalty item then discount it to zero, ie buy 9 get tenth free.

prismbeer

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 06:19:00 pm »
jenem,

I'd like that too, but i haven't been able to figure out how to manage customers or view reports on them at all - have you?

jenem

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 02:17:35 am »
I have had a play with it but it seems a bit "iffy" to me and it dosnt seem to be logical.

I created test customers by going to manage, customer tab, add customer.
I then went to POS screen
there was not a customer button on the screen.
Went to cashdrawer setting and tried to select customer but was unable too.
Went back to POS screen and found customer button was available but seem to be unable to select customer.

I will look at it again later.

The customer button should allow you to add/select customers and add to to order screen and also print on ticket as an option.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 04:14:23 am »
Hello Jenem. When there is no customer in your database SambaPOS will not display (select customer) button. After creating customers SambaPOS will display that button but on first customer creation you'll need to logoff, login once to refresh screens.

Customer button is grayed because you didn't created the ticket yet. After adding lines that button will enable. It might not seem logical to you because it seems you need to select / create a customer before creating a ticket. This is how delivery department works. Go to departments screen, create a new department, name it as "Delivery" and select Department Type as delivery.

After logoff-login you'll see two buttons next to keyboard button.

By clicking these buttons you can instantly switch between table selection screen and customer selection screens. On customer selection screen you can Create customers or search customers by their phone number, name or address. You can create ticket for a customer by choosing "Select Customer" button or you can display past transactions of a customer by clicking "Customer Account" button.

You can easily add the customer name to a bill by editing the printer template. While editing the printer template you'll see all available values that can be printed on a bill. {ACC NAME} is the tag that can be used to print customer name on a ticket. Just add this value in "Header Template".

prismbeer

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 01:40:15 pm »
But there is still no way to view reports on customer actions or account history.We were able to pull up current customer data for open tickets, but nothing for customer sales history - even though the table exists in the DB. It would be nice to be able to view customer sales history for analysis and future integration with marketing channels. Is this planned?

Also, back on topic. What does voucher do? I still need a way to accept payment via gift certificate.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:42:42 pm by prismbeer »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:51:45 am »
prismbeer

1. I sent screen shot of ticket explorer on the other topic you created and described how to display closed tickets by customer name.
2. I also wrote in my previous post on this topic " you can display past transactions of a customer by clicking "Customer Account" button".
I don't know what can I do more for that.

Voucher is an alternative payment method to cash and credit card. Some restaurants using it to track sodexo, multinet, etc. payments.

prismbeer

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 01:00:02 pm »
I understand the screen "Customer Accounts". When I 'search' a customer, some names come up; however, I cannot select the customer- All of the buttons on the right are greyed out except for Close.

Am I missing something?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »
You need to fill phone and address fields to be able to select a customer.

prismbeer

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 05:30:32 pm »
Being a bar, we do not necessarily have the opportunity to get their number and address- only their name.

am i safe to assume there is not way to get around this? do I need to put a '1' or other character just to be able to 'save' the customer?