Author Topic: A few questions about tickets/invoices  (Read 5142 times)

rvandam

A few questions about tickets/invoices
« on: November 29, 2012, 03:42:19 am »
I am testing a setup and it works like a charm  8) A few questions however remain:

* is it possible to add as payment method "invoice"? For example when a customer has a birthday party:
 --> checkout --> invoice
 --> printer prints an invoice with some blank lines for name and signature
 --> table is closed --> financial report shows invoice instead of cash

* is it possible to send messages to the kitchen printer like "table 1 is ready for main course" or  "10 customers arrived for dinner"

* I tried to change the printer template for footer of a bill. It now shows:
Total:   7,40
Payed: | 7,40
Total: 0,00

I want to change it into:
Total: 7,40
Payed: | 7,40
Remainder: 0,00

rvandam

Re: A few questions about tickets/invoices
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:30:31 am »
I am aware that I can print a note with the {NOTE} in the printer template. This works very well with a new ticket. However, when I add a note to an existing ticket, this ticket is not printed.

Edit: with the help of this topic http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php?topic=338.0 I added a button "Kitchen message". When this button is pressed the message is printed to the kitchen printer. I was good to see I can also add fixed messages like "ready for dinner"

Now I am almost ready for testing the system in production  8)....can't wait!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:31:57 am by rvandam »

rvandam

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:46:27 am »
And about the invoice....I found out that it is easy to add a customer to  a ticket. When I added a customer to a ticket I can press the button "Account Balance". It would be nice when an invoice is printed after I press the button "Account Balance" with the customer details.

Since it is very easy to select/add a customer, there is no need for a blank (fill in the details) template.

Edit: I added a button "print invoice", and made an invoice template. This works quite well, however it would be very nice when the invoice is printed after "Account Balance is pressed" (i have only auto print options for cash, credit card and voucher.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:10:15 am by rvandam »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 07:56:25 am »
You are right since it does not programmed as a payment type it does not executes. If you select a customer only when you need to print invoice you can check "Customer ID > 0" in "Payment Received" rule and execute printing action. But since it does not check payment type it will print on any type of payments when a customer is selected. I hope it helps.

rvandam

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:50:59 am »
Thanks for the reply.

I think that is good enough for me. In some rare occasions I will have printed out both a ticket and an invoice, but thats not a big deal. The system is really flexible!