Author Topic: Version 3 Reporting & Work Periods  (Read 5110 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Version 3 Reporting & Work Periods
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:54:24 am »
One feature that I can see will be required within some venues I will be dealing with over the next few months, is report filtering by department.

Because some venues can have franchisees for the Restaurant, Bar and other areas, the managers will not want the other franchisees to see their gross sales.

For example, if we run a central SambaPOS database, and allow the Restaurant to also order drinks from the bar they will belong to both departments, but we will need to restrict the user level access for reporting to the Restaurant only.

To make things even more fun, the customer will sometimes pay for their food and drinks in the Restaurant on the one bill, therefore reporting needs to flag cross department sales by terminal/user.

Also, each department ideally needs their own work period and starting cash levels as each terminal that handle cash with have a cash float in their cash drawer.

SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Version 3 Reporting & Work Periods
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:24:26 pm »
For V3 I was planing adding a higher level separation named "Branch" over departments. I thought about it a lot and my final decision is I shouldn't do it with departments. I want to implement online data storage for multiple businesses and publish data access via Restful API. Current level of technology permits us doing such things easily. The most critical part is understanding the need well and making good decisions about data organization.

About one year ago there was no SambaPOS and I was dreaming about departments, print jobs, ticket tags, rules, etc... Now what I'm dreaming is account customization, workflows and publishing the whole restaurant business rules as an online service.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Version 3 Reporting & Work Periods
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 07:58:38 am »
Well I think I have the best 'Worst Case Scenario', at least small scale.

When your ready to chat about it - let me know.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.