Author Topic: Developement IDE?  (Read 9138 times)

mickycho

Developement IDE?
« on: August 16, 2013, 06:01:50 pm »
Hi, it will be great if you tell us what do you use to develop Samba, I was guessing it is VS.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Developement IDE?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:50:04 am »
Visual Studio
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

mickycho

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »
any specific version? i just got some errors while trying to run the solution from VS2010 and VS2012

mickycho

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 08:03:36 pm »
I don't wanna be boring but I want to develop a billing module for my country. I have download the source code and I don see the Database.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:02:45 pm »
This is a question for Emre or Wolfgang. I don't do any development, so I can't help. Sorry.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:15 am »
I don't wanna be boring but I want to develop a billing module for my country. I have download the source code and I don see the Database.

I'll suggest you reading about Entity Framework

Stelzi79

• My mercural-fork on Bitbucket
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:33:09 am »
For me the sorcecode works well with VisualStudio 2012 and the preview version of 2013. You should set up your Visual Studio with an english language to not clutter the automated generated code with other langues. I also have my Visual Studio with all updates up to date. Visual Studion 2010 I didn't reccomment because I think it has an incompatible solution file format. If you have an environment which can build and run wpf-projects it should open and compile without errors.

For getting the source code: Fork the project on github and install a git-environment (TortoiseGit, MyGit, Git is built in VS2013) and clone the repository of your githup-fork to your computer. EDUCATE yourselve on using git is realy nesesary for submitting pull-requests (asking for changes in your fork to be introduced to the official SambaPOS)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:37:21 am by Stelzi79 »
My changes to the official version:
MY mercurial fork on bitbucket