Author Topic: Configuring Payouts to Suppliers from Cash  (Read 21684 times)

QMcKay

• Sip some Coffee or Wine at JavaVine!
    • JavaVine Cafe & Wine Bar
Re: Configuring Payouts to Suppliers from Cash
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 01:50:25 pm »
I've reverted my changes back to the configuration shown in document http://sambapos.org/en/content/configuring-cash-transactions-v2-users, because I know it works properly.

I removed the Payout department and Payout ticket type.

Is there an action available to display the Account screen, so that I can map an Automation Command button on the POS screen?
SambaPOS3 since 2013-10
SambaPOS 3.0.31
SQL Express 2008 R2 x64
Windows 7 SP1 x64

sukasem

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 02:22:52 pm »
How can we have the list of accounts in this case Vendors in the dropdown box (See picture)

QMcKay

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 03:45:43 pm »
You must begin typing in the dropdown box, and the list will populate.
SambaPOS3 since 2013-10
SambaPOS 3.0.31
SQL Express 2008 R2 x64
Windows 7 SP1 x64

sukasem

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »
Damn, stupid me  :-[ I only type one letter. After second letter it shows up lol. But the list would be nice anyway  ;)

QMcKay

Foreign Currency Transactions
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 02:25:24 pm »
New Question, or Problem - maybe a little of both...

We support 2 currencies here: default is Lempira (L), and foreign is USD ($).  This set up works fine for the POS/Ticket side of things (http://doc.sambapos.org/doku.php/en/v3/working_with_foreign_currencies) to be able to accept payment in different currencies, and give change in those currencies.

On the other side of things (Supplier Payouts/Expenses), it is a bit strange, and doesn't appear to be intuitive when using Foreign currencies.  I recently configured many Supplier/Expense Accounts, along with Transactions and Document Types for moving money from one Account to another, for example: paying a Supplier with Cash from the Drawer.

This works well for Accounts that are in the default currency, but the behavior is odd when doing the same when paying with Foreign Currency Cash from the Drawer (or moving money from any account to another using Foreign Currency).

Some Suppliers/Expenses prefer payment in the foreign currency (USD), so I've configured those accounts as USD.  I also have a Cash USD account representing the foreign currency in the drawer.  I've set up separate Transactions and Documents to enable "Drawer Payout" and "Drawer Payout USD"... here is where the issue lies: when I pay to a USD Supplier account from the "Cash USD" account, the currency isn't correctly represented, and an exchange rate (L20=$1) calculation is taking place when it shouldn't be.  Also, different areas showing the Balance in Account is contradictory.

I submit a transaction for 112.00 (should be USD).
The balance of the 2 accounts involved becomes $5.60 (a 20-to-1 conversion is taking place).  I don't think this should be the case, considering both accounts are configured as USD.
Further, the balance shown on different screens contradicts itself: one will say 112.00, while another says 5.60.

Please see the screenshots for more detail.

Regards,
Q
SambaPOS3 since 2013-10
SambaPOS 3.0.31
SQL Express 2008 R2 x64
Windows 7 SP1 x64

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35:18 am »
Hello. I fact I implemented currency feature just to track cash under different currencies but what you requested sounds great. Is it possible to send me a backup of your data? so I can test it on your setup.
emre@sambapos.com

QMcKay

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 11:51:12 am »
Version 3.0.31 is working great for this new feature.

Thanks much Emre!
SambaPOS3 since 2013-10
SambaPOS 3.0.31
SQL Express 2008 R2 x64
Windows 7 SP1 x64