Author Topic: Discount Reason & Value  (Read 10358 times)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Re: Discount Reason & Value
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 03:15:51 am »
no problem, thanks
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2012, 03:18:12 am »
Hi Emre,

I have been busy and I Haven't looked at Sambapos recently. I also purchased a Ardruino uno microcontroller and have been playing with that!!

My brother is waiting for the end of the tax year April to April in the Uk, before implementing Sambapos.

He currently runs a system wheras a card gets stamped and on the eighth stamp the cardholder gets a free drink. SambaPos was fine with that I just used the gift setting.

He now wants to implement a system where the card holder get 50% off a coffee or tea on the fourth stamp.

What would be a good idea (to me anyway) is to be able to offer a item discount with predefined reason (set up in management) as well as the Ticket Total discount on the settle screen.

Its not a deal breaker but maybe a rule or action could be implemented to act on selected ticket item which you then set up as you want.

By the way Emre, you have done wonders on Sambapos and you deserve success.

Edgar

Do you remember this trick? http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,155.msg644.html#msg644

Instead of adding negative modifier prices you can change item price with "Update Ticket Item Price Tag" action. If you think that works I can prepare a detailed tutorial.

jenem

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 04:18:20 am »
Thanks Emre,

Will try later and report back  ;)

Edgar