Author Topic: Epson LQ 300+ printer settings with windows Xp service pack 2 for samba pos2.90  (Read 7474 times)

suyog21

Hi Emre

I have installed samba pos 2.90 on the windows xp sp2 with the dot matrix printer of epson lq300+

there is no page setting for the printer in Xp

i want the Bill and KOt out put to come on 4x3.5 inches continuos feeder paper , but the font size is not customised to fit to that paper size.

How to set the printer settings or the setting within sambapos 2.90 for the desired output

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Continuous feed? Hmm. What is the row x column size of your paper?

suyog21

Continuous feed means a roll of paper of width 4 inches and in height it is perforated at an equal interval of 4 inches. at the perforation the paper will be cutted and  the bill will be delivered.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
OK. I mean how many rows does it print until it reaches to the perforate and how many characters does it print in 4 inches while using built in fonts. I didn't used that printer before that's why I'm asking :) Thanks.

suyog21

my bill format has 13 fixed lines( which includes name, address, date time, table, user name, ticket no.,etc,) and rest depends on the amount of dishes ordered i.e 2,3,4...
My output comes out on 4x6 layout i.e 4 inches width and 6 inches in height.

Kindly enable a feature where the font size or the page layout may be adjusted in the software and the problem will be solved.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
suyog21 unfortunately I don't have XP or a dot matrix printer :) But I'll try to help...

Open Control panel > Printers and Faxes
From File Menu > click Server Properties.
Add custom form dimensions by clicking "Create New Form" check box.
Save your settings by clicking "Save Form".
Right click on your printer and select "Printing Preferences"
Click Advanced... button
You should be able to select your custom defined size from "Paper Size" setting.

Some setting names might be different on XP but I think you'll be able to configure that.