English Boards > Support

HELp Required:!!

<< < (2/5) > >>

mozhi:
Forgot about the Operating system: Both the client computer and the server computer are running on Windows Xp with SP3

JohnS:

--- Quote from: mozhi on February 16, 2012, 01:21:21 am ---I have currently installed SQL Server 2008 in the server machine along with SAMBA POS instance.
In the server the configuratuion of data source = localhost\SQLEXPRESS and it is working fine.

--- End quote ---
Ok, so you are using the default SQL Instance - SQLEXPRESS - which is ok.

--- Quote from: mozhi on February 16, 2012, 01:21:21 am ---In the client machine i have installed Samba POS with SQLCE for training purpose
In the client machine I dont have SQl server 2008 installed. But i have configured datasource = home\SQLExpress where home is the name of the server where the SQL server installation is present.

--- End quote ---
Good. You need SQLCE on every workstation that will run SambaPOS Training Mode.
You don't need SQL Server on client computers, only the server.

--- Quote from: mozhi on February 16, 2012, 01:21:21 am ---In the server the configuratuion of data source = localhost\SQLEXPRESS and it is working fine. I haven't configured any user name/password  so i havent given any authentication strings

--- End quote ---
Ok, problem. Unless all your computers are going to have the same username and password to login to Windows (or you add all the user logins into User Accounts on the server), you WILL need 'Mixed Mode Authentication' turned on in the SQL Server Instance and set a password. Re-run the SQL setup and set a Password for the Instance - Use this as a guide http://doc.sambapos.org/doku.php/tr/dbase/sql_server_2008_express_edition_nasil_kurulur for the process.

--- Quote from: mozhi on February 16, 2012, 01:21:21 am ---I am not clear about the what is the use of the messaging server, messaging port, auto start message client in the local settings tab? Should it be configured in the client machine/server machine and what purpose does it serve?

--- End quote ---
MessageServer is an App for SambaPOS that allows instant updates between SambaPOS terminals for Table status, and many other features, but Table status is the primary use and really should be used for instant updates. Look at this for how it works SambaPOS iPad, Yazıcı ve Kiosk Entegrasyonu]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbXaKyMmhvM#]SambaPOS iPad, Yazıcı ve Kiosk Entegrasyonu
Run MessageServer on your server, set a port number if 8080 is already used, make sure Start Server Automatically is Ticked. Then setup all SambaPOS Terminals to use the Message Server, by updating Manage -> Local Settings to
       - Message Server Name = home (your server name)
       - Message Server Port = 8080 (or whatever you set in the MessagerServer App.)
       - Tick Auto Start Message Client.
You will see a green 'Connected' on the bottom left of the screen when the service is running properly - you will need to restart SambaPOS on each workstation before is works.

--- Quote from: mozhi on February 16, 2012, 01:21:21 am ---One small query is Which free software are you using in case of IPOD?

--- End quote ---
PocketCloud. The best resolution I have found is 400x600, but you can only get this resolution with the paid version. I haven't tested other RDP apps yet, and there are a number to choose from.

Now a note to all who want to use SambaPOS on a network or with multiple RDP clients.

There are many configurations that can be used with SambaPOS, but some are hard to change after the fact. Here is the best solution to future proof your system.

1. Download Microsoft SQL Server Express 2008 - http://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/SQLEXP08V2/enus/default.aspx
2. Install SQL Express with the following settings
          - In Instance Configuration, choose Named Instance - SAMBAPOS
          - In Server Configuration, set SQL Server Browser Startup Type to Automatic
          - In Database Engine Configuration, choose Mixed Mode Authentication, and set the password to sambapos
3. Run SambaPOS on each workstation, making sure that you have a separate Terminal Name for each workstation, then go to Manage -> Local Settings -> Data Connection String and set
          - data source={servername}\SAMBAPOS; User Id=sa; Password=sambapos
4. If you have connections issues, turn off all Firewall software and test again. If SambaPOS remote workstations work, then you will need to open access for SQL Express in your Firewall application.

Forum References
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,189.0.html
http://doc.sambapos.org/doku.php/tr/dbase/sql_server_2008_express_edition_nasil_kurulur

mozhi:
Hi Emre/John,

THanks John :), I finally got it working on multiple computers.

Now I would require one more clarification.  My setup would be like I will be    using client machine for my Billing and parcel Counters, and this will be networked to the server machine.

I will have to run RDp from my 2 or 3 Ipods on the server but my windows xp supports only one user a time. Whenever i try connecting from my Ipod the user gets automatically  logged out.

Have you tried such scenario  ie concurrently logging on the server using RDp?

I have tried some termsrv.dll patches, but it was of no use. Should I go with a Server Installation or Can i do something about this on my Win Xp professional itself.

It seemed that you were setting up your setup on Windows 7. Have you tried RDp with 2 or more clients to connect concurrently?

Thanks in advance for your great support.!!

JohnS:
Mozhi,

You need a terminal server like 2003/2008 or Win7 patched with terminal server. Win XP does not support multiple RDP sessions.

There are applications for XP to make it run as a terminal server, and you will need to google these. But last time I used this kind of software (a few years ago) it had issues as it did not fully separate the users data.

I have used both my iPod, iPad and the Win7 machine all at the same time with no issues.

mozhi:
Thanks John for your lightning response, I have already started downloading windows 2003 server. I will update on the status tomorrow after testing it.

Between You have created separate logins for Ipod Ipad and Win 7 machine rite..??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version