Author Topic: i've made some changes, and i would like to make it installable  (Read 8588 times)

moaaz

i've made some changes, and i would like to make it installable
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:47:36 pm »
Hi, gays

Thank you for this grate program, it helped me so much now

I've made some changes, and i would like to make it installable
can any one help me with that?
what can i use (which program)
what do i need to add

moaaz

Re: i've made some changes, and i would like to make it installable
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:02:11 pm »
one more thing, how can i change the flow direction of all the controls from one place, to affect the whole program
because am using Arabic language, and we write in Arabic from right to left
is that achievable? or i should go to every control and change the flow direction for each one?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:33:13 pm »
Selam moaaz... AFAIK when we add Arabic language resources, SambaPOS should automatically reverse flow direction. If not we can simply do it by changing the main window (samba.presentation/shell.xaml) flow direction and all child controls will inherit this setting. For this reason we shouldn't set any other control's flow direction...

If you are familiar with open source development you'll know multiple developers change sources at the same time. Not to overwrite other developers changes we use version control systems (VCS). Our version control system called Mercurial and it is hosted at googlecode.com servers. This is a Distributed VCS (DVCS). Distributed means it works without locking files. Since it doesn't locks files you can't directly submit your changes on main repository. Basically you'll work on a cloned repo and I'll merge it with main repo when you request.

First of all you'll need a Mercurial Client. There is a great Mercurial client tool called TortoiseHg. After installing client application you'll clone a private repo for yourself on sambapos.googlecode.com. Next step will be synchronizing (downloading) your private repo with a local folder on your computer with TortoiseHg. When you finish your work on SambaPOS you'll upload your local commits to your private repo and send your repo url to me. I'll review your changes and if everything is OK I'll merge it with main repository.

There are more information about it on Mercurial, TortoiseHg and GoogleCode websites. Feel free to ask questions if any.. Thanks for supporting SambaPOS and we'll be happy to hear more from you soon.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:38:40 pm by emre »

moaaz

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:45:01 am »
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP,

first of all, I'havn't completed the translation yet, and am exploring the code, to see what can i do
but for know, it is not possible for me to access the repo, because it's forbidden ( in syria  :( )
am just trying to make the changes into new installer, but i don't know how, when my changes are
final I'll send it to you

but for now can you help me make new intaller for the modification i did uptill now?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »
Umm is it that https ban? Too bad.. Maybe you can find a solution by searching for ssh connections options..

You can create an installation for yourself with inno setup application. Required setup scripts included in project folders. But you shouldn't redistribute custom compiled SambaPOS setups because it breaks SambaPOS licence. You should release your changes as open source to be able to give your setups to other people. I don't know what is the best solution while you can't access any open source servers. You can release sources as a zip file but without using a VCS merging our works will be hard. I'll search a solution for this.