Author Topic: the fastest way to print last ticket (manually) ?  (Read 9024 times)

toni

the fastest way to print last ticket (manually) ?
« on: April 11, 2012, 02:41:48 am »
"Find Ticket" function is nice but you need to remember the last ticket number. Is it possible to add a button that always prints the last ticket ? Thank you

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: the fastest way to print last ticket (manually) ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:54:35 am »
If you click Find Ticket, select All Tickets from the drop down and hit Refresh (only needed the first time you use Find Ticket), you will see all of the Tickets for the current day, select a Ticket and click Print Bill. This method is fast.

For a 'Print Last Ticket Button', we would need to store the Last Ticket Number, then have a Print Job that would use that stored number to print the Ticket. We currently can not do this as we can not store the Ticket Number, and we can not print by Ticket Number.

This is something Emre may look at for V3, but the Find Ticket Button does work very well.

PS - Maybe a recall last Ticket Button may be more useful for more than just printing a Bill.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:52:43 am »
The last item on the "Open Ticket View" (the gray boxes that we see next to menu) is always the last ticket we've entered orders in it. It also shows how many minutes passed since last order.

We may display "Open Ticket View" by clicking "Close" button on table view or "All Tickets" button on Fast Food screen.

maozen

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 07:40:40 am »
If you click Find Ticket, select All Tickets from the drop down and hit Refresh (only needed the first time you use Find Ticket), you will see all of the Tickets for the current day, select a Ticket and click Print Bill. This method is fast.

Hi Johns,
If i click on 'Find Ticket' or 'Find Table' in the POS Table window (where yuo put the order) nothing happen there's some settings i've to enable to let it work ?

Thanks
MAO

toni

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 08:01:00 am »
There are 2 ways to print old tickets.
1- Write the ticket number and press "Find Ticket" button. (You need to remeber the last number)
2- Or click the "Find Ticket" button, from combobox select All Tickets and click "Refresh"  scroll down until the last ticket number, select and print it.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 08:06:01 am »

Hi Johns,
If i click on 'Find Ticket' or 'Find Table' in the POS Table window (where yuo put the order) nothing happen there's some settings i've to enable to let it work ?

Thanks
MAO

Go to Table View, Close it, then click Find Ticket
Even in Namibia, Africa!

toni

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 08:14:17 am »
We don't give customers receipt unless they ask. It takes time to print it when they ask :)  Even if I could show the last ticket number on top next to Samba Pos text  it would be ok for me  like you did john for "Last Sale"

For a 'Print Last Ticket Button', we would need to store the Last Ticket Number, then have a Print Job that would use that stored number to print the Ticket. We currently can not do this as we can not store the Ticket Number, and we can not print by Ticket Number.

This is something Emre may look at for V3, but the Find Ticket Button does work very well.

PS - Maybe a recall last Ticket Button may be more useful for more than just printing a Bill.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 04:43:04 pm »

Hi Johns,

Thanks
MAO

Find Table needs to have a table name entered first to work.

Find Ticket will only work for showing all tickets if you are at a new order screen.
You must close an open ticket to use Find Tickets for showing all tickets.