Author Topic: Group Code to be changed in Product List  (Read 10499 times)

mirceadobre78

Group Code to be changed in Product List
« on: August 24, 2012, 08:26:36 pm »
Hi guys,

First of all, thanks to all developers that offer this great product. Great functions for free. WOW!!!

I have a question, I am trying to change the Group Code unde the Product List but it is not doing it. I am able to change it under Menu List, but then under Product List it still appear the old name (ex. Soup, Wraps, etc).

Anyone has any idea how to do this?

Thanks,
     Mircea

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Group Code to be changed in Product List
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 05:20:44 am »
Product groups are useful for grouping products in reports. You need to modify Management > Products > Menu List> Menu and add / remove "Menu Categories" for changing screen menu layout.

mirceadobre78

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 03:27:59 pm »
Thanks for your reply Emre. Much appreciated!

i am able to change it there, as well it is appearing on the POS screen, however when going to Product List it's stil appearing the old names (Soups, Wraps, etc).

Thanks,

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 04:37:25 pm »
Product List grouping configured from Product Card > Group Code. 

Menu Categories are useful for visually grouping product buttons. For example you might have an additional Menu Category called "Top Selling Items" and have Coke product in both "Drinks" category and "Top Items" category. But on reports you won't want to see a prodcut group called "Top Selling Items". This is only useful for finding frequently sold items. That's why Menu Categories and Product Groups are different things.

tothem

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:08:41 am »
Thank you Emre for the explanations. So if the Menu Categories and Product Groups are different things, how can the Product Groups be changed or they are fixed and cannot be changed. Because this solution you posted (Product groups are useful for grouping products in reports. You need to modify Management > Products > Menu List> Menu and add / remove "Menu Categories" for changing screen menu layout.) on August 25, 2012, 05:20:44 AM will only change the Categories but wont add the newly created category to the group code which you select when creating a product. So now you need to show us how to create the "GROUP CODE" .

Thank you for such a great product.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:51:04 pm »
hi tothem,
Once you enter (type manually without choosing) a new group code on a product card you'll be able to choose it for other prodcuts. If a group code is not selected on any product card it will disappear.

I hope I guessed the problem right.

tothem

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 09:52:24 am »
Hi Emre,

Yes you guessed the problem right. The problem is solved. Thank you  for the quick response. am grateful for the solution and product.