Author Topic: Euro Symbol  (Read 7324 times)

ptv1p3r

Euro Symbol
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:58:21 am »
Hi guys, e really need some help..

I simply cannot use the euro symbol € anywhere, not on the tickets, nor on the customer display, and i really need it, can somebody help me out?

I changed the character set of the printer to 850, 860, etc i always get weird characters, but never the euro symbol, the only one that works is the dollar symbol... please help!

ptv1p3r

Re: Euro Symbol
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:29:59 am »
Nobody ?

evail

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:48:41 pm »
Change the Currency Symbol at Windows Settings.

"Language and Regional Settings>Additional Settings>" Change the currency symbol, restart SambaPOS.

It should work.

ptv1p3r

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:21:53 am »
Thank you for the reply, but it didn't work, i allready have the Euro symbol defined there, that's why i can't figure out why this doesn't work.

In the windows settings everything looks good for my region (Portugal), there's the Euro symbol etc, the problem only arises when on sambapos i send a ticket to the printer and on the customer display, if i put a dollar symbol on the templates it display the dollar correctly, but when i change that to the Euro symbol it comes out with wierd characters like '?' .....

Any ideas ?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 10:40:56 am »
Does your hardware supports € symbol? For example customer display should display € symbol if you type echo hello € > COM1 from command prompt. You should change COM1 part of command if it connected to a different port.

Standard ascii character set does not contains € symbol so if it is possible for your hardware try changing character set from driver software.

ptv1p3r

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:00:08 am »
Thanks emre for the quick reply.

Well my printer a EPSON TM-88 does have the euro symbol, for instance when i print a ticket with html format it does print out the euro symbol, but if i put it in Printer Ticket format it doesn't, and i need it in Printer Ticket.

The client display also has the eurosymbol, but that one i still haven't figured out a way to make it display the euro symbol, maybe it's a similar problem with the HTML/Printer Ticket format.

Any thoughts?

evail

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 07:41:03 am »
does the Euro Symbol appear in the POS Screen?